cbpaidsubsbot and Joomla 4

2 years 7 months ago #326062 by autobahn
cbpaidsubsbot and Joomla 4 was created by autobahn
Dipping my toe in the water of migrating to Joomla!4 the Pre-Update checker flagged a compatibility issue with cbpaidsubsbot. The info is:

Potential Upgrade Issue
This extension includes a plugin that could cause the upgrade to fail.

To perform the Joomla upgrade safely you should either upgrade this extension to a version compatible with your target version of Joomla or disable the relevant plugin(s) and check again.

For more information about the relevant plugins please check the 'Live Update' tab.

I can ignore the warning and carry on with the upgrade (knowing there's a compatibility issue) but I thought I'd better ask if this is a known problem and whether it is safe to do so (it's my test site, so not a disaster if it goes wrong). I have already checked and made sure I have the latest versions of everything.

I imagine that disabling cbpaidsubsbot is not a good idea given that it's needed for CBSubs.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 7 months ago #326063 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic cbpaidsubsbot and Joomla 4
Do not migrate a live site. Please only migrate a test site. We are still working through compatibility fixes. Expect some things to have issues. Regarding the incompatibility flags those can be ignored for CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 7 months ago #326066 by autobahn
Replied by autobahn on topic cbpaidsubsbot and Joomla 4
I wouldn't dream of doing this on a live site. I'm exploring the mini-migration from Joomla3 to Joomla4 using a cloned copy of my live site, running in a test environment on my standalone desktop under XAMPP. That way, if I hit a brick wall with compatibility issues I can just delete the test site, reschedule the testing until after the issues are resolved and start again.

Thank you for letting me know I can ignore the incompatibility flags with regard to CB.

2 years 7 months ago #326067 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic cbpaidsubsbot and Joomla 4
In the next 2 weeks we should have most if not all compatibility issues addressed. So that should give everyone a reasonable timeline. For now I do recommend live sites move to Joomla 3.10 since it's a "bridge release" and our compatibility nightly build will require minimum 3.10 (there's a lot of deprecated API calls we need to clear out).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: autobahn

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn