Workflow Question

2 years 6 months ago #326473 by pholcomb
Workflow Question was created by pholcomb
We have a split number of members who pay online via PayPal and some who pay "offline" and send in a check.

Here is what I am trying to figure out logically....

Situation 1: A member goes online and selects a subscription, checks out, and chooses PAY OFFLINE. We then go into the backend and search for their Payment Basket and use the PAY button to record their payment. Works great!

Situation 2: A member does not go through the website to select a membership but instead just mails in a check. In this case, there isn't a Payment Basket to "PAY" to, so we go into their Subscriptions and manually subscribe them to the Plan. However, doing that creates nowhere to record their payment information.

Should we be doing this a different way?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 6 months ago #326474 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Workflow Question

Situation 2: A member does not go through the website to select a membership but instead just mails in a check. In this case, there isn't a Payment Basket to "PAY" to, so we go into their Subscriptions and manually subscribe them to the Plan. However, doing that creates nowhere to record their payment information.

You can create the basket for them in this case. Visit their profile while logged in as an administrator then view their subscriptions tab. From there select to upgrade or renew something then on the basket page select the offline payment option. You should then have a basket you can pay in backend. In the future though I do recommend informing users to take this proper step otherwise there is no record of their payment or attempt to pay, which is not good for either of you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 6 months ago #326477 by pholcomb
Replied by pholcomb on topic Workflow Question
When I go to Community Builder -> User Management, search for a member and go to their subscriptions page....I see the memberships that I can add and a checkbox next to them. However, when I check the desired one, the only button to click is SAVE at the very top. When I do that, it just says that it saved successfully, but no Basket is created when I go into that part of the admin site.

2 years 6 months ago #326487 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Workflow Question
Sorry, I should've been more clear. You need to visit their profile on frontend not backend and renew/subscribe from there.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds