PayPal Issue?

2 years 5 months ago #326608 by pholcomb
PayPal Issue? was created by pholcomb
I have seemingly 2 issues. Here is the issue some of my subscribers are having.
I've opened a separate ticket for the other issue.

I can renew a recurring membership subscription through PayPal successfully (I see the PayPal payment in the organization's PP account).
When I get directed back to the site, there is a basket issue and there is no payment applied to it.

The notifications I have for it in the backend are 7 seconds apart:
#1: IPN notification authentication returned unexpected result from payment gateway (8 VERIFIED 0)
#2: IPN notification authentication returned unexpected result from payment gateway (7 INVALID 0)
(all other columns in the Payment Notifications are the same)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 5 months ago #326623 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic PayPal Issue?
Your IPNs are not validating. Ensure you configured your PayPal gateway correctly. Sounds like "Your PayPal Identity Token" parameter is incorrect. I also highly suggest configuring "PayPal API credentials" enough though it is optional. I also recommend setting "PayPal Business (email or secure merchant ID)" to your Merchant ID and not email address. "PayPal Main receiver account (email) (if Business is different from your main account)" should always be set to the email address marked as Primary in your PayPal account.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 5 months ago #326651 by pholcomb
Replied by pholcomb on topic PayPal Issue?
Your IPNs are not validating.

Ensure you configured your PayPal gateway correctly.

Sounds like "Your PayPal Identity Token" parameter is incorrect. (I double checked it and it is correct)

I also highly suggest configuring "PayPal API credentials" enough though it is optional. (What does this mean and how do I do that?

I also recommend setting "PayPal Business (email or secure merchant ID)" to your Merchant ID and not email address. "PayPal Main receiver account (email) (if Business is different from your main account)" should always be set to the email address marked as Primary in your PayPal account. (This has been done)

2 years 5 months ago #326653 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic PayPal Issue?
Please PM backend super user login credentials and will take a look at your notifications and history log to see more specifically what is failing. See link in signature to directly PM me.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 5 months ago #326661 by cjmicro
Replied by cjmicro on topic PayPal Issue?
Krileon,

I am having the same issue. Client paid successfully on PayPal. the basket is there in their CB subs history (id #727), but it does not show a payment basket for the payment basket ID that it says in history. There is no basket id #727.

Client said there have been others where PayPal comes through but sub is not renewed, they have to go manually renew.

I just updated all cb plugins etc and renewed my own and the basket created fine. I'll be following this to see if you find any other issues. Thank you!
Cheryl

2 years 5 months ago #326662 by beat
Replied by beat on topic PayPal Issue?
To Everyone using Paypal:

Please make sure that you have CB and CBSubs upgraded at latest versions. We cannot give support on old versions, especially for Paypal.

Paypal has made a backwards-incompatible change without notification, nor documentation update, and we have worked around that in CBSubs a few weeks back and notified Paypal of their broken API.

Weeks later, I just got finally a reply from Paypal's technical department that the bug is acknowledged, but without any ETA for a fix yet, so it might be weeks or months until it's fixed Paypal-side. So please upgrade CB AND CBSubs to latest to have the workaround.

While highly unlikely, I'm not excluding other breaking changes Paypal-side, and we are monitoring Paypal notifications on this site too, but in whole last month both IPN and PDT have been working flawlessly (with latest CBSubs). That doesn't mean that there are no Paypal issues in other continents.

So before reporting any Paypal issues, please upgrade to latest CB and CBSubs, and make sure that issue persists. Then, if issue persists, confirm their versions in your post, otherwise please report that latest versions work fine for you.

We usually don't give support on old versions, and in Paypal issues case, won't. See www.joomlapolis.com/help-us-help-you

Thank you for your understanding.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds