[SOLVED] Subscription replacement

2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #327073 by swampy5
[SOLVED] Subscription replacement was created by swampy5
Hi all Im trying to track down whats best practice with subscriptions records to avoid the situation described below

Ive created a test user for our website and I originally assigned a free registration.
I then logged in as Test User and upgraded to a paid membership subscription
The system is keeping the original free subscription as well as the single membership subscription and causing in some cases people to get erroneous expiry/renewal
notices.
Its probably a simple solution but I cant seem to find it!

cheers
Swampy5

Tony Marsh GoGreen Computing
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 4 months ago #327086 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Subscription replacement
In the screendump provided, the 2nd subscription has Status "R" which means registered and unpaid, while being ready to upgrade the 1st (replaces_subscription matches id of 1st), while 1st has status "A" means (still) active.

Looks to me like the upgrade wasn't paid, or got cancelled and/or refunded ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

2 years 4 months ago #327113 by swampy5
Replied by swampy5 on topic Subscription replacement
Ok thanks Beat - yes the second subscription was unpaid and the subs status shows that with the R = Registered Unpaid code - I suspect Ive paid insufficient attention to those codes. When I marked it as paid the status of the first subscription changed to U - upgraded to other - and the second subscription to A - Active as you indicated.
Now Im wondering
1. how does CBSubs mailer respond to subs status codes
A = Active
R = Registered Unpaid
X = Expired
C = Unsubscribed
U = Upgraded to other
I = Invalid

2. Under what circumstances might the mailer get it wrong eg send out a reminder to a person with a subs status code of U for example and not to or as well as a subs status code of A for an upgraded subscription?

This example was obviously setup to explore this scenario - but it highlights that I need to capture the codes when this problem arises on the live site.

2 years 4 months ago #327118 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Subscription replacement
Your mailers can specifically check against a subscriptions status using the "Must be in state" parameter after selecting plans within "To which plans this date condition applies" assuming "Relative to this date" is relative to a subscription date. So for example if you only want it to send for the explicit expired status then set "Must be in state" to "Expired".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 4 months ago #327149 by swampy5
Replied by swampy5 on topic Subscription replacement
Ok thanks for the explanation - the status codes make a lot more sense now - and I can adjust sql queries we have generated to return membership data we are really after now
cheers
Swampy5

The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.857 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn