Conditional Field Fill

2 years 1 month ago #328270 by MarylandShallIssue
Conditional Field Fill was created by MarylandShallIssue
Hi Support,

We were wondering if it were possible to conditionally fill a field depending on what plan is selected by the user. Barring that, is it possible to conditionally make certain fields required or not required?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 1 month ago #328273 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Conditional Field Fill

We were wondering if it were possible to conditionally fill a field depending on what plan is selected by the user

You want to set the value of a field based off what plan they've selected or you want the field to show/hide based off what plan they selected? Both are doable. You can set the value of a field based off the subscribed plan using CBSubs Fields integration.

To condition fields during registration you can use the "hide fields on registration" feature under the Workflows tab of your plans and for profile view/edit use CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection or you can replace both usages with just CB Conditional.

Barring that, is it possible to conditionally make certain fields required or not required?

It's not possible to condition the required state of a field. You can only condition its visibility, which can be done using CB Conditional.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 1 month ago #328284 by MarylandShallIssue
Replied by MarylandShallIssue on topic Conditional Field Fill
I've attached a screenshot for my current setup for one of these fields. Is this correct configuration if I want that to display when the plan is selected on the frontend? Currently the field displays as blank with this turned on. I also tried removing the / as I thought it may have been a disallowed character, but that doesn't appear to be the case.
Attachments:

2 years 1 month ago #328288 by krileon

Is this correct configuration if I want that to display when the plan is selected on the frontend?

No, CBSubs Fields doesn't toggle the visibility of a field based off plan select. It sets the value of a field based off subscription to that plan.

See my reply above about different ways to show/hide fields based off plan selection. The easiest way is to just use CB Conditional. You'd then configure a condition directly on your field against whatever plan you want. Example as follows using CB Conditional.

CB > Field Management > cb_companyname > Integrations > CB Conditional

Display: Field conditional show
Field: Subscriptions
User: Displayed User
Operator: Has
Plans: SELECT_PLAN_HERE

That should only show the field if they've selected the plan during registration. For all other views it should only show the field if they've an active subscription to that plan.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 1 month ago #328293 by MarylandShallIssue
Replied by MarylandShallIssue on topic Conditional Field Fill
Okay, so for CBSubs Fields, It will only fill the field after the user has subscribed to the plan? Not when it's been selected during registration?

2 years 1 month ago #328294 by krileon

Okay, so for CBSubs Fields, It will only fill the field after the user has subscribed to the plan?

Correct.

Not when it's been selected during registration?

Right, it does not pre-fill during registration. There is no functionality for pre-filling a fields value during registration based off plan selection. If the field isn't relevant to that plan it's best to just hide the field entirely using CB Conditional.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.348 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn