Recurring Payments not updating subscription

2 years 2 weeks ago #328824 by cjmicro
We have recurring payments in PayPal that are getting triggered and going through in PayPal but they are not updating the user's subscription as renewed on CB Subs. The regular payments are updating subscriptions.

I also have an issue where one person had 3 different recurring payments within 2 months for the same subscription. I have turned off recurring payments for now, as I have to go back and audit everything for these.

Can you let me know how to resolve this please?

Cheryl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 2 weeks ago #328828 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Recurring Payments not updating subscription

We have recurring payments in PayPal that are getting triggered and going through in PayPal but they are not updating the user's subscription as renewed on CB Subs. The regular payments are updating subscriptions.

Which PayPal gateway are you using Standard, Advanced, or Pro? It's important that you have Notifications configured in your PayPal account otherwise PayPal won't notify your site about payments. Do you see any notifications in CBSubs > Notifications marked as IPN from PayPal? If you only see notifications marked PDT then notifications are not configured.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 5 days ago #328935 by cjmicro
Replied by cjmicro on topic Recurring Payments not updating subscription
We are using standard paypal.

I made sure the IPN was turned on in paypal (used our url, but I somehow remember a different url that had cbsubs in it from original setup). What is the URL for IPN? Is that what's wrong?

The recurring payments are still not notifying the subscriptions on the website and updating.

Payment Data Transfer is ON with an identity token

IPN:
You have turned on the IPN feature. You can view your IPNs on the IPN History page. If necessary, you can resend IPN messages from that page. For more information on using and troubleshooting this feature, read more about Instant Payment Notification (IPN).

To stop receiving IPNs permanently, click Turn Off IPN.
Current settings
Notification URL xxxx.com (our website)
Message delivery Enabled

2 years 5 days ago #328941 by krileon
Are there no notifications in CBSubs > Notifications labelled as IPN? If not then PayPal is unable to reach your site. Do you have a firewall or some other security configured on your host or site? Suggest also checking the PayPal IPN history to see if PayPal is trying to reach your site and if they're failing to. The below URL should take you directly to the IPN History page if logged into PayPal.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-ipns-history

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 5 days ago #328947 by cjmicro
Replied by cjmicro on topic Recurring Payments not updating subscription
The 2 recent recurring transactions are there (the IPN)
Date/time created Message ID Status Transaction ID
3/22/2022 08:18 EDT 9NR2xxxx Sent 1JJ36873xxxx
3/19/2022 07:08 EDT 47P28xxxx Sent 14211172xxxx

The transactions match the 2 that did not update subscriptions.

In CB Subs looks like these 2 transactions IPN had this message

03/22/2022 08:18:32 IPN Amount/item mismatch / Fraud attempt receiver_email mismatch: parametered business... ---

The main email on his pp changed but the other email is still authorized. I will change that on the gateway and hope that solves it.

Thank you!!

2 years 4 days ago #328952 by krileon
Looks like it's just the settings in your PayPal gateway. "PayPal Business (email or secure merchant ID)" ideally should be set to your merchant id and "PayPal Main receiver account (email) (if Business is different from your main account)" should always be set to whatever email address is marked as "Primary" in your PayPal account.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn