[SOLVED] Unconfirming acymailing users

1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #329613 by wjgadmin
[SOLVED] Unconfirming acymailing users was created by wjgadmin
I’ve noticed a very important issue. When a user exists within our newsletter (acy mailing), and at a later date, registers via CBSubs, it unconfirms their acy mailing account.

Of course this is a huge issue because we’re losing prospective users because we never send emails to users who aren’t confirmed.

Please let me know how we can resolve this? Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 9 months ago #329619 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Unconfirming acymailing users
We don't touch AcyMailing unless you're using something like CBSubs AcyMailing. Are you trying to register them into a newsletter using CBSubs AcyMailing?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 9 months ago #329620 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Unconfirming acymailing users
Yes sir that is correct. The user is subscribed to a particular newsletter per their CBSubs plan. Unfortunately, when someone registers in CB without completing their registration, it unconfirms them in Acy.

I've reached out to Acy as well and they're looking into it. If you have any thoughts please let me know, I will let you know if they're able to figure it out. At this point, not sure which end it is on.

1 year 9 months ago #329631 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Unconfirming acymailing users
An unconfirmed user during CB registration is put into a blocked state. This is normal as you don't want an unconfirmed user logging in as that defeats the purpose of confirmation. My guess is AcyMailing is acting on Joomla user store events and is disabling them in the newsletter as a result, which again sounds completely normal.

Our CBSubs AcyMailing integration doesn't perform any sort of user synchronization. If they don't exist in AcyMailing it will create them though, but it always does so in an enabled state.

To me it sounds like everything is working as expected. Once the user confirms their email address it will store their Joomla user as not blocked at which point I would assume AcyMailing should enable them again. If it does not then the issue is probably in the AcyMailing Joomla user plugin not doing that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #329634 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Unconfirming acymailing users
Here is part of the response from the acy team (always great with support same as you guys) regarding the setting in the CB plugin:
“The description of this option in the documentation is as follows:

Update user subscription on registration: If the user is already subscribed to your lists, should we update the subscription, based on the selected lists on the registration form (and so remove the user if he didn't select all your lists) or should we simply add the new lists to its subscription?

If I understand your explanation correctly, you do not want to remove the user if he didn't select all your lists and therefore this setting should be No and not Yes as it is currently set.”

So, I’ve disabled this feature & hope this resolves the issue. Thank you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn