Changing plan validity period and effect on renewal fees for expired subs

1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #329912 by OEVAtechnology
I have three plans

1. Initial pricing & validity: $50 for first yr. Then, 100 for subsequent years
2. $100 p/yr
3. $100 p/yr

Many of the of the plans had expired earlier this year (due to lack of follow up.)

To encourage subscriptions, we decided to change the pricing to $50 for all plans for this calendar year, and $100 for subsequent year. (We did not create new plans, just adjusted the configurations).

This works for new subscriptions.

However, for those expired subscriptions on plan 1 - the renewal cost shows as $100.

How can I ensure that renewals for this calendar year is $50.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 9 months ago #329925 by krileon
Initial price/duration only applies to the first purchase. It will not apply to renewals. Probably best approach to have a promotion like that is to use CBSubs Promotions and give them a coupon or auto-apply the promotion.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 9 months ago #329929 by OEVAtechnology
Thank you.

I realised there must be a lot of calculations going on in the background regarding the price already paid & previous validity vs the new configurations & it is throwing up some funny things.

I decided to let the previous plans stay as they are but make them non-renewable and unavailable for new purchases, and create a new set of plans.

This way users on the old set of plans will have to subscribe to the new set when the older ones expire.

This is the simplest method I could think of.

1 year 9 months ago #329942 by krileon
Yup, that will work as they can then upgrade into the introductory price. If you don't want to do that though you can again just use a promotion. Ideally you'd change the price then have an auto-applied promotion for renewals only to give the discounted price and have the promotion only apply once per customer. That should give what you're wanting without having to make a second plan, but it's entirely up to you on how you want to go about this as both methods will work fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OEVAtechnology

1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #330065 by OEVAtechnology
I decided follow your advice and change the set-up of the existing plans - cost and validity period - and use an automated promotion to add a discount for this calendar year.

The promotion works very well for new subscriptions, renewals and upgrades.
I can show the discount rate and new price on the plans using the 'display' options tab for the promotion. (screen-shot 1)

For 'reactivations' - where a subscription has expired some time ago - the promotion does get applied correctly at the payment summary page.

However, it does not show the discounted amount on the expired subscription plan. It shows the full amount. (screen-shot 2)

Is there a setting where I change this?
Attachments:

1 year 9 months ago #330070 by krileon
Strange, it should be able to override the price there fine. Seams to work fine for me using the below settings.

Advanced
Applies to registrations: Yes
Applies to upgrades: Yes
Applies to renewals: Yes
Single payment (and for autorecurring payments subscriptions: First payment amount): Yes
For Autorecurring payments subscriptions only: Second and following auto-recurring payments amounts: No

Display
Override plans display: Yes, display plans differently as follows:
Display price: Automatic sale display: Strike-through regular price with "SALE!" display of new price

Do you have any other conditions or settings in usage different from the above? If so please provide them so I can check on my end and see what could be going wrong or if is working as intended.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn