22007, 1366, Incorrect string value

1 year 8 months ago #330372 by XBOOMX
Replied by XBOOMX on topic 22007, 1366, Incorrect string value
Hello Krileon,
I can't really get any further. Table and column have a utf8mb4_unicode_ci
Must all columns have utf8mb4_unicode_ci? There are quite a few without.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 8 months ago #330377 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic 22007, 1366, Incorrect string value
Only text type columns will have a collation. It's possible the broken data already being stored is a problem. Empty the `raw_data` column for every row in the table using an update query. This will remove the logged raw data without removing the notification. Once done retry a test payment.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 8 months ago #330385 by XBOOMX
I'm afraid of breaking something. I have sent you a PM. Would you take a look if you have time?

1 year 8 months ago #330386 by krileon
Please PM backend super user login credentials and will take a look at your site. The notifications table appears to be completely empty.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 8 months ago #330397 by krileon
This seams like an encoding issue on PayPal's end. I've no idea what encoding they're sending data in, but doesn't seam to be UTF-8. Navigate to the below URL after logging into PayPal.

www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/customerprofileweb?cmd=_profile-language-encoding

Next click More Options then change "Encoding" to UTF-8. I don't know why they hide this like crazy, but that sometimes can be the cause as Joomla, CB, and CBSubs all exclusively use UTF-8. Once done retry a test payment and see if that works. If using a sandbox account you'll need to change the domain in the link above to their sandbox domain to reach that page for a sandbox account.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: XBOOMX

1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #330399 by XBOOMX
That was it! Thanks a case of beer for you.
I set the encoding in PayPal to UTF-8, test purchase successfully carried out without error messages. Why is PayPal doing this?
In the attached picture you can see the setting as I found it.

Many Thanks

Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn