CBSubs expired free plan

1 year 2 months ago #332596 by swampy5
CBSubs expired free plan was created by swampy5
We have a subscription plan that allows someone to register for free to participate in 1 event. Wondering how I can get a trigger in place that would automatically expire that free plan after participating in the said event or a month after the person registered for the free plan whichever comes first. Also when people upgrade from that free plan to a paid subscription the system is generating a new subscription ie it does not replace the expired free plan so the person now has 2 subscriptions. Is there a way I can make the paid plan  overright the expired free subscription plan - at the moment we are deleting these expired subscriptons manually. Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Tony Marsh 

Tony Marsh GoGreen Computing

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 2 months ago #332605 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs expired free plan

Wondering how I can get a trigger in place that would automatically expire that free plan after participating in the said event

No idea, what are you using for your events? You'd need that extension to have a Joomla event you could act one and then yes this would be doable, but you'll need CB Auto Actions.

or a month after the person registered for the free plan

You could set the duration to 1 month to expire it.

Also when people upgrade from that free plan to a paid subscription the system is generating a new subscription ie it does not replace the expired free plan so the person now has 2 subscriptions.

Ensure both plans are configured as exclusive so it will upgrade from 1 plan to another. If they're non-exclusive then both plans can be active at once. The subscription database row will still exist in an upgraded from state.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 2 months ago #332614 by swampy5
Replied by swampy5 on topic CBSubs expired free plan
>>You'd need that extension to have a Joomla event you could act on
Thanks Krileon the extension we use for events is RSEvents Pro - we have RSEvents!Pro Community Builder Plugin installed - this just displays events that the user is a leader and also what events they have subscribed to in their CB  profile (see attached). Im guessing that a CB Auto Actions rule may be able to directly update the  status of a cbsubs subscription table record when a person with a free subscription registers for an event?
The free subscription plan and the paid plans are all set to be exclusive so not quite sure why a second subscription is created while a free plan is still active - but I will explore this further and update this topic
Tony Marsh

Attachments:

1 year 2 months ago #332632 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs expired free plan

Thanks Krileon the extension we use for events is RSEvents Pro - we have RSEvents!Pro Community Builder Plugin installed - this just displays events that the user is a leader and also what events they have subscribed to in their CB  profile (see attached). Im guessing that a CB Auto Actions rule may be able to directly update the  status of a cbsubs subscription table record when a person with a free subscription registers for an event?

You'll need to check RSEvents Pro documentation or contact the developer to see if they fire a Joomla event when an event expires. If it does you'll be able to act on it using CB Auto Actions by setting Triggers to joomla_EVENT_HERE. CB Auto Actions includes a CB Paid Subscriptions action type already for expiring (and even deleting) subscriptions.

The free subscription plan and the paid plans are all set to be exclusive so not quite sure why a second subscription is created while a free plan is still active - but I will explore this further and update this topic

That would be normal then. They shouldn't see the free subscription anymore in profile though. It will still exist in backend and in your database however. You should be able to see within CBSubs > Subscriptions its status was upgraded to another plan.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 2 months ago #332639 by swampy5
Replied by swampy5 on topic CBSubs expired free plan
Thanks Krileon - I will follow up with the RSJoomla team from Romania re Joomla Events 
Have resolved our main problem (duplicate entries from importing member data into google sheets) with some nifty Sql queries  so all good for now
cheers
Tony Marsh

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.620 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn