uddeIM and CB profile search not displaying?

11 years 5 months ago #213008 by Rolandnj
Hi,
Wonder if you can advise please:

1. UdddeIM mailbox doesn't seem to be displaying on profile page.
I can access it if I click on the "CONGRATULATIONS MAIL" from uddeim but otherwise not there? Am I missing something?

2. For the life of me I cannot figure how to search for other CB profiles on my site?

I'm sure I just haven't configured something, but can't figure out where. Please advise.
Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 5 months ago #213022 by krileon

1. UdddeIM mailbox doesn't seem to be displaying on profile page.

It's not supposed to display on profile. We provide no such plugin to do this. I think UddeIM comes with such a plugin, but you'll need to post any issues you may have with it to the below UddeIM forums.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/25-uddeim-plugin-and-component

2. For the life of me I cannot figure how to search for other CB profiles on my site?

You'll need to create a userlist from within Joomla > Components > Community Builder > Userlist Management. Once created you'll want to create a Joomla menu link going to CB userlists so you can easily access it. Once done simply click your link and begin searching. For further details please see your documentation in regards to userlist management as you'll probably want to add more searchable fields by setting your fields in Field Management to be searchable (by default Username should already be searchable).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 5 months ago #213027 by Rolandnj
Ok. I will post in the UddeIM section for that question.

As for searchable I understand userlist etc. I have your docs infront of me.

You say username by default should be searchable. For now that is all I want.My question is on the profile page... where do I search for other users?
If I click search attached is what comes up?

Notice: Undefined variable: search in /usr/www/users/joenayeymm/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbinvites/tab.cbinvites.php on line 27 Notice: Undefined variable: search in /usr/www/users/joenayeymm/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbinvites/tab.cbinvites.php on line 27 Notice: Undefined variable: search in /usr/www/users/joenayeymm/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbinvites/tab.cbinvites.php on line 27 Notice: Undefined variable: search in /usr/www/users/joenayeymm/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbinvites/tab.cbinvites.php on line 27

And below the uddeIM component that is what I see. Unless I open the welcome mail from UddeIm, the send a message etc box does not open That is what I mean by there is nothing on the profile page.

I understand you guys aren't here to install etc for us. But the reason I bought CB was because it is sold as an easy to install component with great customer support (the reason I bought the developer package) For the support.

Please can you come down to the novice level with explaining.Or alternatively put a warning on your website that says NOT FOR THE INEXPERIENCED.

I am/and have dealt with three other companies with components, they answer within an hour, and if they can't explain, they sort it out.

Please can you now restore my faith in CB. And help me.

Thanks
Attachments:

11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #213040 by krileon

My question is on the profile page... where do I search for other users?

You don't; there's no search on profile. As explained in my previous post it is done through Userlists, which are created from Userlist Management (withing Joomla backend).

If I click search attached is what comes up?

That's CB Invites, that allows searching the invites already sent although it looks bugged; please upgrade to latest as believe I had fixed this already. Latest release is 2.1.0 and can be found in the Professional downloads section.

And below the uddeIM component that is what I see. Unless I open the welcome mail from UddeIm, the send a message etc box does not open That is what I mean by there is nothing on the profile page.

There should be a "Messages" menu item on the CB Menu bar (top of your profile). If it's missing then "Private Message System" (found in CB > Plugin Management) likely isn't enabled and configured for UddeIM. Please do so and it should show the "Messages" menu item, which once moused over would have a "Send Private Message" item.

Please can you come down to the novice level with explaining.Or alternatively put a warning on your website that says NOT FOR THE INEXPERIENCED.

Explain what? I don't understand what you're asking of me. If you're referring to the searching I told you exactly where to go.

Please be specific in your requests as you're mixing CB questions with UddeIM questions; I can not help you with UddeIM as we did not develop it and I've no experience with the CB plugins included with UddeIM.

We have over 200 pages of detailed documentation available for download within the Advanced downloads section. Please read it carefully as it will walk you through your installation (pictures included for ease of use).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 5 months ago #213089 by nant
Hi from me also.

Regarding uddeIM, I personally just configure the CB Login module to show the link to uddeIM messaging. This way when a user logs in he/she immediately sees the envelope icon and can get to the messaging panel by clicking it. The envelope also shows number of new unread messages, so its very convenient.

Relevant nice picture-book tutorial about uddeIM is here:
www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/111-picture-books/18269-uddeim-installation-and-cb-configuration-quick-start

Regarding the general question of how users find other users...

You should use the CB User List manager to create one or more user lists and create a Joomla menu item to your userlists page.

This way a user will be able to access the userlists you create and see the list.

You can make individual lists Public, for Registered only, etc, when you create edit the individual list.

BTW - you can have a list public but make the profiles registered. This will let non logged in users see your list but not be able to see the final profile. Just an FYI for you to consider.

Each list also has some search options (see lower portion of your list in edit mode). There are various search levels available. You can elect to go with advanced search - this way your users that see such a list will be able to search for individual fields (example people in the U.S.A., etc).

Also, when you edit your CB fields (existing ones or new ones you create), you will see they have a search parameter you can turn on. This is also used when searching via your user lists.

All of this is in the documentation - but I believe that my comments will help you because you will know what is possible now.

Finally, you can install the Joomla 2.5 CB search plugin and configure it for your fields.
This way someone could search directly from the Joomla search box for users based on specific field values. For example if you configure it properly, you should be able to see all user profiles of people located in U.S.A. (if you make your location field searchable and configure the search plugin parameters also).

Hope this helps - feel free to post back if you run into problems - we are here to help.

11 years 5 months ago #213095 by Rolandnj
Hi Nant,

Thanks for that. Def easier.

I have updated the invite component. No problem.Thanks

I have followed the tutorials to a t. I don't seem to have a user menu under the menu manager? Could this be the problem.
I have put both menus under the MUST HAVES menu option.

In short neither appear on the front end.?

Any idea of what to do next?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn