[SOLVED] Profile View - Boot Strap Template - Edit so only First name is displayed

10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #237570 by naturallink
I need to edit our template to protect users privacy so that it will only show the users First Name on public viewing.

Where do i find the files and what lines do i need to edit to do this?

Eg

instead of it displaying "Firstname Lastname Profile Page" in the header of the profile it should be "Firstname Profile Page" only.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 4 months ago #237628 by krileon
Create a delimiter field and place the [firstname] substitution in it. Next move your firstname field to a tab in a not shown on profile position. Now you can use your delimiter field to display the name as it'll substitute in the first name only.

instead of it displaying "Firstname Lastname Profile Page" in the header of the profile it should be "Firstname Profile Page" only.

Edit "User Profile Page Title" within CB > Tab Management then set the "User Profile Title text:" parameter to "[firstname] Profile Page".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #237771 by naturallink
Can not get your solution to work as system tells me "field already in use"

Would be simpler just to override the template file - where would i find it?

10 years 3 months ago #237813 by krileon

Can not get your solution to work as system tells me "field already in use"

I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but all you need to do is create a Delimiter field. Next add the [firstname] substitution to it. Once done create a new tab that's in a not shown on profile position. Now move your name field (whichever is enabled) to it. You'll now use the delimiter field you created to handle the output.

Would be simpler just to override the template file - where would i find it?

Template for what? A field? That's not possible. Fields don't have templates. Their output is completely generated.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 3 months ago #237858 by naturallink
Create an account at the following - www.ice-login.co.uk and then once confirmed view your profile

Its this page - ice-login.co.uk/profile we are trying to edit.

10 years 3 months ago #237900 by krileon
Most of profile view is completely generated. What output is not generated can be found in the PHP file of your CB template. For example default template PHP file can be found below.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/default/default.php

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn