[SOLVED] Profile View - Boot Strap Template - Edit so only First name is displayed

10 years 4 months ago #237942 by naturallink
Thankyou for your help, but looking at that code i cant not see where the firstname and surname are activated and displayed in that code and how to disable it.

All we want to do is make the surname not visible to the general public - this should be a very straight forward task. Seriously starting to get frustrated.

All we want to do is edit this text "Admin Admin Profile Page" so only the first name is displayed so it appears as "Admin Profile Page"

There is nothing in the default.php which indicates where to edit this.

The nearest part of the code i have found that relates to this is this

// Display "head" tabs: (Menu + shortest connection path / Degree of relationship + Uname Profile Page)
if ( isset( $this->userViewTabs ) ) {
echo '<div class="cbPosHead">';
echo $this->userViewTabs;
echo '</div><div class="cbClr"></div>';

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 4 months ago #237973 by krileon

Thankyou for your help, but looking at that code i cant not see where the firstname and surname are activated and displayed in that code and how to disable it.

It's not in there. As explained field output is generated internally. Field output has no templates as it's all pieced together attribute by attribute and by tag. It's not something that could be a template.

To alter a fields display you need to currently use a delimiter field to replace the output of a field and move the field to a tab in a not shown on profile position. This is explained in my previous replies. Next CB release we're looking into a way to override a fields output.

All we want to do is edit this text "Admin Admin Profile Page" so only the first name is displayed so it appears as "Admin Profile Page"

I've explained how to do this already in my first reply. Please see the instructions again as follows. Navigate to CB > Tab Management > User Profile Page Title and set "User Profile Title text:" to "[firstname] Profile Page" or set the language string _UE_PROFILE_TITLE_TEXT to "[firstname] Profile Page".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: naturallink

10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #237987 by naturallink
Did this - didnt work

I've explained how to do this already in my first reply. Please see the instructions again as follows. Navigate to CB > Tab Management > User Profile Page Title and set "User Profile Title text:" to "[firstname] Profile Page" or set the language string _UE_PROFILE_TITLE_TEXT to "[firstname] Profile Page".
Kyle (Krileon)

10 years 4 months ago #237990 by naturallink
Ok im officially a numpty :)

Misread the instructions and found it

I was editing the title under the profile tab title and not under the tab paramators.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn