After successful installation of CB and CBSubs I now cant access front end of site & cbsubsbot issue ...

10 years 4 months ago #237867 by IAAF
I successfully installed all the latest packages for CB, CB Profile Apps, CB Workflow Apps, Social Networks, CB Field Enhancements, Coolness templates, Groupjive, CB Subs, Joomla Modules and Plugins. After each install, always received a successful message.

I installed all of these on top of a very outdated site that is still using Joomla 1.5 and was using a very old version of all CB and CB Subs components.

After completion, I went to the front end and everything looked fine until I tried to log-in. I then received the above error message.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@blairalumni.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I went back into the back-end and performed a check of the database and saw an error that the database needed to be updated - clicked the link provided (very nice I might add) and everything in the update of the database went fine and database is now error free.

I viewed the users in the backend via CB User Manager and everything looks OK. Every check under the CB Tools Managers is good.

I'm puzzled as to what can be causing the above error on the front-end. Could it have something to do with the Coolness Template. If I still have joomla 1.5 code which version of coolness should I use if I have the latest version now of CB and CBSubs installed? I have already installed Coolness via one of the packages, but I'm not sure which version it used or which version I should use. I will then have to customize as the existing old template was.

I'm also having a similar problem found in

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/222459-solved-installing-botsubs300zip#232859

When I went to CBPaid Subscriptions I found the error as shown in the attached image - the version cbsubsbot does not match CBSubs plugin version. Even after reading the solution, I'm still not sure where to find the bot_ and how to fix this.

Thanks for any suggestions for the above fixes.

Donna
www.BlairAlumni.org
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 4 months ago #237902 by krileon
Your CBSubs Bot is massively out of date. You need to install the Joomla plugin included with CBSubs to update it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 4 months ago #237906 by IAAF
I installed everything using the packages. So if I now want to install just this one piece, how do I do that - where do I get that from? I know it is out of date because of the error message I'm receiving. Obviously it did not install with the package, so where can I get this one file?

10 years 4 months ago #237908 by IAAF
I also wanted to know if the latest version of the Coolness template is compatible with the joomla 1.5 code? I'm not sure if I should have installed that along with the other packages I used, or should I have kept the old coolness version. All I know is that I can no longer access the front end. I'm fine in the back end.

I have everything backed up and could roll back but I would hate to do that until I've tried other things and have consulted with you.

10 years 4 months ago #237919 by krileon

I installed everything using the packages. So if I now want to install just this one piece, how do I do that - where do I get that from? I know it is out of date because of the error message I'm receiving. Obviously it did not install with the package, so where can I get this one file?

You need to download the CBSubs package from the Developer or CBSubs downloads section then unpack it and install the cbsubsbot included in it.

I also wanted to know if the latest version of the Coolness template is compatible with the joomla 1.5 code? I'm not sure if I should have installed that along with the other packages I used, or should I have kept the old coolness version. All I know is that I can no longer access the front end. I'm fine in the back end.

I've no idea. Joomla 1.5 is end of life. So I do not test on it anymore. Next CB release will not support it. You should consider migrating to Joomla 2.5 at the least.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #237922 by IAAF
should I be using the GPL version or the Paid Subscriptions version (what is the difference between the two)

I also noted that in the Coolness GPL download that it includes

Coolness GPL 2.0.1 package

Date added: 07/01/2013
Date modified: 07/01/2013
Filesize: 3.43 MB

The Coolness 2.0.1 template package is downloaded as a single package named unzip1st_coolness_2.0.1.zip that contains the following items:
•j3xj25template_coolness_2.0.1.zip (your Joomla 2.5/3.x template)
mod_cbcontent_1.5.zip (your native Joomla 1.0/1.5/2.5/3.x CB content module)
•cbplug_coolness_2.0.1.zip (your CB 1.9 template plugin)
•Coolness_2.0.1_J2.5.pdf (documentation for Joomla 2.5 installations)
•Coolness_2.0.1_J3.x.pdf (documentation for Joomla 3.x installations)

So what is the purpose of the mod_cbcontent_1.5.zip file? I don't recall seeing this in the other download.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn