Registration Issues

10 years 4 months ago #238004 by butlero54
Registration Issues was created by butlero54
Hi...at stlucieclerk.com,

We have been having users sign up and get cut off in the registration process. They say the browser just timed out on them after pressing register. Thus we have been manually creating users, re-setting passwords etc. I'm getting emails saying people are trying to login with user names that do not exist.

Also, I cant figure out how to turn off the double email that each user receives. One email is from CB Subs and another email is from the regular CB Users email set up in user configuration. I'd rather the user just receive one email.

Much Thanks if you can help

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 4 months ago #238023 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Registration Issues

We have been having users sign up and get cut off in the registration process. They say the browser just timed out on them after pressing register. Thus we have been manually creating users, re-setting passwords etc. I'm getting emails saying people are trying to login with user names that do not exist.

If you're using Joomla 3.2 then they maybe experience the known password bug in Joomla. Please see the below topic regarding this.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/223367-password-reset-problem-joomla-32-and-cb-191?start=12#236611

As for the timeout issue that's normal. A session only lasts so long then it times out. They shouldn't take 10+ minutes to fill out registration. If they are you need to clean up registration or adjust your session lifetime within Joomla global configuration to 30+ minutes to avoid timeouts.

Also, I cant figure out how to turn off the double email that each user receives. One email is from CB Subs and another email is from the regular CB Users email set up in user configuration. I'd rather the user just receive one email.

You need to decide if you want the CB email, CBSubs email, or both. CBSubs will not conditionally disable CBs email. So you'll need to disable 1 of them if you don't want both.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 4 months ago #238027 by butlero54
Replied by butlero54 on topic Registration Issues
I'm sorry I should have mentioned I'm using 2.5.16
What is a reasonable timeout time, do you think?

Is there anyway a firewall could create a timeout problem like this? Like could it be blocking something I need to create a security exception for?

Regarding the emails, how do I disable the CB email. That's the one I don't want.

10 years 4 months ago #238035 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Registration Issues

I'm sorry I should have mentioned I'm using 2.5.16

Passwords won't be an issue here then only Usernames will. Joomla 2.5.16 and 3.2 no longer allow spaces in usernames. So if you're generating usernames from name this maybe blocking users from registering. Believe next Joomla release is reverting this change though.

What is a reasonable timeout time, do you think?

30 minutes is pretty reasonable for a minimum.

Is there anyway a firewall could create a timeout problem like this? Like could it be blocking something I need to create a security exception for?

No.

Regarding the emails, how do I disable the CB email. That's the one I don't want.

Edit either the pending or welcome email (whichever you want to get rid of) within CB > Configuration > Registration and empty the subject and body of the email. This will disable it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.291 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn