CB Connect session lenght

3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #317392 by activha
[#7932] CB Connect session lenght was created by activha
Hello

I have noticed that sessions opened when using connection via CB connect were much less shorter than using standard joomla or CB logins.
Is this normal ?
Is CB Connect respecting the config setting regarding sessions lenght or is there another setting somewhere else ?

On config settings we have
method : PHP
lenght : 1440
shared : yes

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #317396 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Connect session lenght
CB Connect uses the false password login API to login a user without their password. The session however should've already existed and be created by Joomla upon accessing the site. I'm not aware of a way to create a Joomla session with a lifetime other than that configured globally as even if you send the option to their create session function it's overridden.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago #317397 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Connect session lenght
Sorry was tired yesterday and mis typed !

I meant that CB Connect sessions were way shorter than CB Login sessions and I cannot figure why.
The settings are 1440, that's respected with CB login, but drops to only one or two hours with CB connect.

3 years 11 months ago #317419 by krileon
I don't see how CB Connect could even do that. As mentioned above you can't override the session lifetime of Joomla sessions. Their API won't even allow for that. CB Connect doesn't have its own sessions. How are you observing this? Checking the cookie lifetime?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago #317748 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Connect session lenght
I was wondering whether there could be a cookie problem with the remember me plugin ?
Seems like when session is opened with CB connect, the cookie length is not respected while using the standard CB login works very well

3 years 11 months ago #317758 by krileon
I believe the issue maybe with API logins that login without a password, which would be in core CB and impact any API based logins. Have added a bug ticket to take a look and see what we could be missing.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7932

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn