[SOLVED] Crypt custom Field content

1 year 8 months ago #330279 by laurent.peythieux
Replied by laurent.peythieux on topic Crypt custom Field content
I'm sorry but i do not understand "Password fieldtypes don't re-display in profile edit so it won't double encrypt on profile update and the auto action should only apply if the password field value is changed.".

If I set my passord (edit mode, set it and save). It's crypted in database.
If I return in edit mode to change something else. When I save, the crypted password is changed.
If I decrypt it i can see that my crypting script is executed on an empty value. So it seems to consider that password field value has changed.

Thanks again.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 8 months ago #330281 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Crypt custom Field content
The auto action, which is what is encrypting the field, in my below reply should only execute if the fields value was changed.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/developer-members-support/243927-crypt-custom-field-content?start=0#324714

It does this via the conditions. Are you using this auto action to encrypt the field or are you doing so with something else?

The best way to deal with this though really is a custom fieldtype plugin that stores it as encrypted and handles whatever checks you need. You can use any of our fieldtype plugins as examples for making such a plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 8 months ago #330284 by laurent.peythieux
I did it with auto-actions (cf screen shots)        .
I would prefer to use an existing field type of possible.
If i can make it work like you explain, i think that i have exactly what i want.
Thanks.
Attachments:

1 year 8 months ago #330285 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Crypt custom Field content
Add the following extra condition to be sure the field isn't empty. That might be what's causing your issue.

Field: Custom > Value
Custom Value: [var1_FIELD_NAME]
Operator: Is Not Empty

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 8 months ago #330291 by laurent.peythieux
Thanks ! It works fine now.
I should have think about it by myself ...
You can close this thread.
Laurent
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn