Odd Sign Up

2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #328053 by AlexRag
Odd Sign Up was created by AlexRag
I had someone sign up to a CBSubs powered site with 3 paid and one free plan.

For some reason, a user was able to sign up and be added as a registered user but not to any of the plans that are available as an option.

I manually added them to the appropriate usergroup but the Subscription column is empty.

The free plan has the "Allow upgrade" disabled so I could not see it in the Membership tab until I temporarily enabled this. Then tried to add her that way, but it won't save.

When I tested the signup form and attempted to sign up the form would not submit unless I selected a plan, so I am puzzled by why this occurred for her.

I know something weird has happened since the free plan option hides some of the field items (eg. I don't ask for an address). In this case, the free user completed the address information.

It seems as though the validation (requirement to pick a plan) was not enforced.

Any ideas why this happened?

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 2 months ago #328068 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic OddSign Up
The plan validations are client and server side so it's not like they could bypass them. A plan for registration is only required if you've set "Allow Free Registered Users (without subscriptions)" to "No" otherwise it is possibly they could register without a plan. If your free plan is a lifetime plan then by default those don't create subscriptions and you need to set "Create Subscriptions also for free lifetime plans" to "Yes" for it to do so.

CBSubs field show/hide does not reset field values. It's possible she selected a paid plan, filled out those fields, then selected the free plan. That'd still submit those fields. You can avoid this by using CB Conditional to condition the fields based off plan select and leaving its Reset option enabled so it resets the fields value if the condition fails.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 2 months ago #328092 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic OddSign Up
Thank you.

It looks like I had "Allow Free Registered Users (without subscriptions)" set to YES and "Create Subscriptions also for free lifetime plans" set to NO which I think is what you were referring to.

Hopefully, this will avoid what happened in this one case.

So in order to add them to the appropriate plan, I temporarily enabled "Allow user to upgrade to this" so I can manually select it on the backend. This time it took (saved), I gather because of the above-corrected settings?

For the fields, all are visible by default. When the free plan is selected, I set the "Hides fields at registration" to hide address, city postal code and phone. I don't mind if we end up collecting that info since it would be needed if they later upgrade to a paid plan.

In this case, is ok to just continue with what I have rather than use CB Conditionals?

I had a closer look at CB-Conditionals and wow was I impressed with the options! I could have used this with my use case above, but wasn;t sure how it would affect the flow when someone upgrades.

2 years 2 months ago #328098 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic OddSign Up

So in order to add them to the appropriate plan, I temporarily enabled "Allow user to upgrade to this" so I can manually select it on the backend. This time it took (saved), I gather because of the above-corrected settings?

Yup, it didn't save before because you weren't creating subscriptions for free lifetime plans.

In this case, is ok to just continue with what I have rather than use CB Conditionals?

Yup.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlexRag

2 years 2 months ago #328298 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Odd Sign Up
Someone signing up but not to any plan has happened again. Is there another setting I need to adjust to prevent this?
The user has been assigned to the "Registered" user group but my plans only allow being put into specific registered groups

This is what I have set:

They were placed in a "None" membership (Not sure what that means)

The plans I have are:
- 3 paid plans with annual expiry dates

- 1 Free plan with a lifetime subscription (Allow upgrade to this is set to off since this is the base plan. Upgrades would only be paid)

- 1 Lifetime Plan but only accessible in the backend (I have to manually add qualified people to this plan)

Any ideas why it's happening?
Attachments:

2 years 2 months ago #328305 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Odd Sign Up

Any ideas why it's happening?

Are they an actual person or do they appear to be spam? It sounds like you have a secondary registration form available somewhere that they might be using. Turn off Joomla's registration within Users > Manage > Options by setting "Allow User Registration" to "No". Next in CB > Configuration > Registration be sure "Allow User Registration" is set to "Yes, Independent of CMS "allow registration"". That at least ensures they're not registering through Joomla. If you've any 3rd party extensions with their own registration processes you'll need to also check those as well.

I don't see how they could bypass CBs registration with your current settings. They should've been given the free lifetime plan you have available during registration if that's the plan they selected. Registering without a plan isn't an option due to the setting being set to No so CBSubs would block registrations without a plan unless that registration was not made with CB since CBSubs is acting on CB triggers.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds