Odd Sign Up

2 years 2 months ago #328329 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Odd Sign Up

They don't even appear inside CB

That means their registration did not come from CB. It means you have another registration form available somewhere. Suggest looking into your other Joomla extensions and see if they've a registration form somewhere. It could also mean Joomla user store is throwing a fatal error and interrupting CBs registration process. That can happen due to 3rd party extensions (e.g. Joomlas contact user plugin can do this since it requires Name to be unique).

Sorry, I meant it does not appear in CBSubs, but it does appear in the CB user management list.

I'm thinking maybe Kunena? That is the only other extension where the user and membership are so integrated.
The "User - Contact Creator" plugin is disabled. I also have RSForms, but I don't think that affects user accounts.

So far it's a mystery. I'll see what I can find out and if it happens again.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 2 months ago #328331 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Odd Sign Up
They'll appear in CBs user management, but they won't exist in CBs database, if they were created outside of CB. Running user synchronization in CB > Tools will sync them back up and if you see that it synchronized any users when this issue happens then you'll know it was an outside registration.

I'm thinking maybe Kunena? That is the only other extension where the user and membership are so integrated.

Yup, that'd be one way they could be registering from outside of CB. Be sure Kunena is configured to integrate with CB so it just sends them to CB registration/login.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 2 months ago #328332 by AlexRag

They'll appear in CBs user management, but they won't exist in CBs database, if they were created outside of CB. Running user synchronization in CB > Tools will sync them back up and if you see that it synchronized any users when this issue happens then you'll know it was an outside registration.

Next time it happens, I'll do that. I have since deleted the mistaken registrations.

Yup, that'd be one way they could be registering from outside of CB. Be sure Kunena is configured to integrate with CB so it just sends them to CB registration/login.

Kunena had an update not long ago. I wonder if it's related?

2 years 2 weeks ago - 2 years 2 weeks ago #329081 by AlexRag
I'd checked everywhere I could and for some reason, I am still getting people signing up and not being placed into one of the plans I set up in CBSubs, including a free one.

The users are able to register but are placed in the "Registered" user groups rather than the "free" plan I set up.

I was thinking of changing the "New User Registration Group" to my Free CBSubs user group instead of "Registered" in the User>Manage>Options setting. Should that have any effect on the issue I am running into?

- I have set the "Allow User Registration" to "Yes, Independent of CMS 'allow registration'"

- I have set CB Registration settings/ Allow Free Registered Users (without subscriptions) to "No"

Thanks!
Attachments:

2 years 2 weeks ago #329087 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Odd Sign Up
Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration then test your registration to see if any errors are happening. It's also possible you've something else acting on CB or Joomla user store that's overriding the CBSubs usergroup assignment (e.g. CB Auto Actions could be doing this if configured to do so).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds