Odd Sign Up

2 years 2 months ago #328317 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Odd Sign Up
I can verify it is a real person. I also checked the other settings and they look correct as well. I don't have any other membership plugin so it truly is puzzling.

I am pretty sure they are getting to the correct sign-in page as I have set up the registration form to collect the address info. If none of the plans are selected, all the fields appear. If they select the free plan, I set up the "hide fields at registration" to hide the address info.

I know when the user lands on the page none of the plans are selected by default. And there is something odd happening with the styling as the plan information and field button are overlapping, making it hard to see that a choice needs to be made. Is there anything I can do here for now to fix the layout? I know I can make one default, but if they don't realize this may sign up for the wrong one. I prefer they choose.

Is it possible that because I have set the "Allow Upgrade To This" is set to off is causing something funny to happen? (I know this is a long shot)

By the way, I have tested this out in several browsers and I am stopped from registering until I pick a plan.

Thanks.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 2 months ago #328319 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Odd Sign Up

I know when the user lands on the page none of the plans are selected by default. And there is something odd happening with the styling as the plan information and field button are overlapping, making it hard to see that a choice needs to be made. Is there anything I can do here for now to fix the layout? I know I can make one default, but if they don't realize this may sign up for the wrong one. I prefer they choose.

That looks like a CSS conflict. Probably from your Joomla template. We've tried to fix as many input style conflicts as we can, but it's just not possible due to so many templates touching base elements. Right click and click inspect element on the radio and review its CSS in your browser tools to see what is moving it.

Is it possible that because I have set the "Allow Upgrade To This" is set to off is causing something funny to happen? (I know this is a long shot)

No, registrations are not upgrades.

By the way, I have tested this out in several browsers and I am stopped from registering until I pick a plan.

That's exactly how it should work client and server side. I've no clue how they're possibly bypassing this. Have you tried asking them how they registered since you confirmed they're a real person?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 2 months ago #328322 by AlexRag
Thanks, Kyle.

I'll see if I can find out. Is there a way to see what browser or operating system they use when they signed up? Or possibly even the link they clicked? I have the "Sign Up" on a few different places on the site.

That looks like a CSS conflict. Probably from your Joomla template. We've tried to fix as many input style conflicts as we can, but it's just not possible due to so many templates touching base elements. Right click and click inspect element on the radio and review its CSS in your browser tools to see what is moving it.

I think this happened after a recent update of YooThemePro. I'll check the inspector.

2 years 2 months ago #328323 by krileon

I'll see if I can find out. Is there a way to see what browser or operating system they use when they signed up? Or possibly even the link they clicked? I have the "Sign Up" on a few different places on the site.

Link shouldn't matter as it's all the same registration process when it comes to CB. We don't track information like browser agent or anything so no there's no way to find that out. I recommend just asking them in a polite email explaining there was some technical difficulty with their registration and you'd like to know their steps for registering so that you can investigate it further.

The only thing I can possibly think of is Register > Basket > Cancel Basket, but that should delete the user and completely cancel the registration process. Basket also is entirely skipped when it comes to free plans. Do you require email confirmation and/or user approval? If so are they approved/confirmed AND still don't have a subscription?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #328324 by AlexRag

The only thing I can possibly think of is Register > Basket > Cancel Basket, but that should delete the user and completely cancel the registration process. Basket also is entirely skipped when it comes to free plans. Do you require email confirmation and/or user approval? If so are they approved/confirmed AND still don't have a subscription?

They don't even appear inside CB, so no basket data. The last this happened I manually added them to the Free Plan after temporarily enabling "Allow Upgrade" so I can see it in the backend membership area.

The workflow is only asking for an email confirmation. No admin approval is needed. Once they confirm the email, they are enabled.

---
So, I found the styling culprit. I gather I need to add some kind of template override to fix this in YooTheme? I'll need to brush up on how to do that with that template.

Attachments:

2 years 2 months ago #328327 by krileon

They don't even appear inside CB

That means their registration did not come from CB. It means you have another registration form available somewhere. Suggest looking into your other Joomla extensions and see if they've a registration form somewhere. It could also mean Joomla user store is throwing a fatal error and interrupting CBs registration process. That can happen due to 3rd party extensions (e.g. Joomlas contact user plugin can do this since it requires Name to be unique).

So, I found the styling culprit. I gather I need to add some kind of template override to fix this in YooTheme? I'll need to brush up on how to do that with that template.

Suggest contacting your template developer for support regarding that. They're overriding the styling. We use Bootstrap 3 styling and form field layout for our inputs.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds