CB Gallery There is no thumbnail field to add an image

2 years 1 month ago #328604 by activha
Hi
I am opening a new subject on this as there is no longer any field to update a thumbnail on a video or an album in gallery

Also adding a video did not generate the thumbnail. You can have a look at this group for an example : activ-ha.com/change/10-activateurs/47-informations

Video comes from Vimeo link

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 1 month ago #328609 by krileon
Works fine in all my tests. There seams to be some weird CSS issues with the modal window too. Looks like you're using JCH Optimizer. Please be sure to clear JCH Optimizer cache anytime you update anything within Joomla. Next be sure you're using CB Gallery default template otherwise if using a custom template be sure you diff it against default to ensure you're not missing several improvements as it looks like you're missing the entire HTML output of vimeo previews.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 1 month ago #328613 by activha
Yes I take care of emptying JCH Optimizer cache regularly so it's not the reason.
We do have a template override for CB Gallery but only on activity_new.php and that's a cosmetic change for font awesome addition.
I have noticed that the blank thumbnail has a code with
<span class="display-1 align-middle galleryImageIcon"><span class="fa fa-vimeo"></span></span>

Is it possible to change it to "fad fa-vimeo" as FontAwesome now does not display this icon ?
Is this the HTML output that you are talking about ?
It's the same HTML for album and video.

In my memories I thought that there were an area to add a custom image for albums also ?

2 years 1 month ago #328615 by krileon
fa fa-vimeo shouldn't be there at all since we've thumbnail storage from vimeo. An HTTP request is sent to vimeo to grab the thumbnail. I've confirmed this works fine on several vimeo videos. Is your video public accessible? Private videos can't be linked.

In my memories I thought that there were an area to add a custom image for albums also ?

You can override the album thumbnail by editing the album. There's a thumbnail parameter there to set it. Otherwise the thumbnail will just be of the last uploaded/linked media in that album.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 1 month ago #328618 by activha
The video is not private, it's marked on Vimeo as Hide from Vimeo (Private on your account, but embeddable anywhere) and we added as specific domains our website and sub domains.

The video displays fine on CBActivity so the thumbnail should be grabbed, don't you think so ?

The aim is to display the video only on our website and not list it in Vimeo

2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #328623 by activha
I made some tests with other videos from Vimeo and the thumbnails displayed fine.

So I tried to change the privacy settings on this one to make it public and downloadable but no success.

Could it be the size ?
Can you test from your side with vimeo.com/680384439/fb27b0018d ?

It's now public and only hidden from Video listing but embeddable everywhere

Edit:
Setting the video as unlisted adds a parameter which is not accepted by CB Gallery : vimeo.com/680384439/fb27b0018d which translates it to vimeo.com/680384439

So I changed the Vimeo privacy from Unlisted to Hide from Vimeo to allow the display within CB Gallery.
But the thumbnail is still not retrieved

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn