Recovering from misconfigured plan - free gap & expiration dates

2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #328715 by OTOA
Hi, I came across an issue on my site where we had most of our members subscribed to a plan where the "Manual Renewal Extends Expiration" date was set to allow for a free gap.

We also have Allow Free Lifetime Plans enabled and plans created

It seems we are running into some related issues and I'm not sure how to work them out:

a. When a renewal payment comes through from Stripe, sometimes we see a user where the free gap rule isn't followed: for example their membership expired in 2019, the payment came through today, but the renewal date jumped to 2020 instead of 2023.

b. When I check on the user in question, I see that their membership is sometimes active but their account also indicates a free lifetime membership.

I think I need to disable the free lifetime membership plan creation, how do I roll this back retroactively for existing users and subscriptions?

How do we adjust the settings so that when a Stripe payment comes through to renew a user's membership, it actually follows the "whichever happens last" rule in the plan settings.

When I change these settings, does it apply to existing users? Or only new subscriptions?

Thanks!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 1 month ago #328726 by krileon
Are these manual renewals or recurring payment renewals? Free lifetime plan is unlikely the culprit here.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 1 month ago #328732 by OTOA
These are manual renewals.

2 years 1 month ago #328734 by OTOA
Update: seems to be both manual and automatic renewals

2 years 1 month ago #328746 by krileon
Review their subscription in CBSubs > Subscriptions and verify if their "Expiration date" column value is incorrect. It should be 12 months after their "Last renewal date" column value. What are the column "Subscription date", "Expiration date", and "Last renewal date" values for a user where this failed to work?

Recurring subscriptions will never have a free gap as they renew automatically on the date they're due (when they'd expire).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.343 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn