Multiple actvity walls

2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #328855 by galanopd
Multiple actvity walls was created by galanopd
Is it possible somehow to have two activity walls rather than just one?
For instance, someone could have one for personal life and another one for professional.
Can the ProfileWall be used for this purpose. When I post something in ProfileWall it is not shown in Activity. Does this mean that they are different walls?

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 1 month ago #328857 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Multiple actvity walls
CB Activity allows you to have unlimited activity streams. What it displays is entirely based off the Asset supplied to it. You can for example create a new field with the Activity field type and instantly have a new activity stream unique to each profile. You can have 2 of these, or 10, entirely up to you. You can also create Joomla menu items as new activity streams using Community Builder > Plugin menu type then selecting CB Activity as the Plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: galanopd

2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #328858 by galanopd
Replied by galanopd on topic Multiple actvity walls
I will test better to see how it works.
One more question: What is the difference between Conditionally hidding a field using subscriptions and hidding it using CBsubs Felds Tabs Protect?

2 years 1 month ago #328860 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Multiple actvity walls
CB Conditional has more functionality than CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection so if you want to combine multiple conditions with a subscription condition you can using CB Conditionals. CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection will probably eventually just be deprecated and discontinued in the very distant future since CB Conditional can cover its usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: galanopd

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn