Page for All groupjive events

2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #328877 by activha
Page for All groupjive events was created by activha
Hello

Would it be possible to display a page of all active events in groups A,B,C and allow our users to participate to these events and then be automatically added to the groups A or B or C when participating ?

I mean a page to all events that the user has not subscribed yet and that may be in open groups

Can CB Autoaction do this ?

thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 1 month ago #328885 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Page for All groupjive events
No such page or functionality exists at all in GJ. So if you need that you'll have to entirely implement it from the ground up. Such a feature is planned in a future GJ release, but likely won't be until its standalone extension rewrite (where it won't depend on CB anymore and can be used independently).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #331006 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Page for All groupjive events
Hi Kyle
Coming back on this subject, is it possible to auto subscribe a user to a specific event when he joins a specific group?
And how ?
i was thinking at a trigger to auto join an event on subscribe to a group or a linked action when we choose subscribe to group XX in the groupjive auto action??
Can you add this ?
Thanks

1 year 6 months ago #331011 by krileon
It's possible to force them to attend a group event on group join. Easiest way is to just perform an insert query to _groupjive_plugin_events_attendance database table. All it requires is the user id of the user joining the event, the event id (as seen in _groupjive_plugin_events), and the date.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: activha

1 year 6 months ago #331051 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Page for All groupjive events
I tried with trigger gj_onAfterJoinGroup
Access : all registered users
Condition : [var2_id = 26]
Action : INSERT INTO #_groupjive_plugin_events_attendance(`user_id`, `event`, `date`) VALUES ("[var3_user_id]", 26 , NOW());
Output : nothing
References : var3

And it throws error in sql syntax.
Do I miss something with var3 ?

1 year 6 months ago #331054 by krileon
You need 2 underscores when using the SQL table name prefix. Change #_ to #__.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn