[SOLVED] Password/Username recovery is complicated for most users - can it be simplified?

1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #329930 by OEVAtechnology
The recovery options are for loss of Username and/or password:

For recovering the password, Username is required as well as email address.

If both are lost, the user is expected to first recover their Username and then use it + email to recover the password.

As users can log in with their email address OR Username + password. The need for Username for password recovery is unnecessary and complicates the process for ordinary users.

Is it possible to offer password recovery using just the email address? And, switch off the option for Username recovery?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 8 months ago #329937 by krileon

Is it possible to offer password recovery using just the email address? And, switch off the option for Username recovery?

Yes, but only if you stop using username for login. You'd have to change the login method in CB > Configuration > General to email address.

We'll be redesigning the forgot login behavior in the future. Ideally we won't need one at all anymore and can just use Joomla's.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OEVAtechnology

1 year 8 months ago #329954 by OEVAtechnology
Thank you. I had missed that option.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn