Query Tags field - custom label

1 year 9 months ago #330122 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Query Tags field - custom label

So in this scenario I'd need to double-up all fields of this type?

Yes, but there's no performance impact to _comprofiler table when using Code or Query fields as they have no storage behavior. The only performance impact would be the efficiency of whatever code you write for the display.

Are custom field types still a 'thing'? Is there any documentation around how to create these? I couldn't see anything obvious.

Custom HTML fields? Yes. Or do you mean field types you code yourself from the ground up? Of course that's how CB Query Field and CB Code Field are able to add new field types.

I've noticed that for editing, Query Tag uses select lists rather than autocomplete and the lookups for these could include up to 8000 items, which presents a problem as these are all loaded into the DOM.

I don't have a solution for you to workaround that. We don't have query autocomplete for tag fields only text fields, but text fields would only be able to accept a single value. There are plans to add support for this though. This would allow filtering down the list of options as they type. I do not know when this will be implemented though.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8888

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 9 months ago #330125 by ds-sric-support
Replied by ds-sric-support on topic Query Tags field - custom label

Custom HTML fields? Yes. Or do you mean field types you code yourself from the ground up? Of course that's how CB Query Field and CB Code Field are able to add new field types.

From the ground-up - see attached screenshots demonstrating how this was configured.

Thanks.
Attachments:

1 year 9 months ago #330128 by krileon
That's a field type someone else developed. I can't help you with that. You can try updating its code to work with CB 2.x though I suppose.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 9 months ago #330129 by ds-sric-support
Replied by ds-sric-support on topic Query Tags field - custom label
Yes I'm aware - as mentioned...

"A previous version of the site I'm working on (created by a separate, now retired developer) used custom field types. This was back in the days of Joomla 1.5."

I don't need help exactly - but just wondered if guidance on writing these plugin for custom field types (in CB 2.x) exists

1 year 9 months ago #330131 by krileon
We do not provide coding assistance outside of simple examples. Best I can suggest is reviewing other field type plugins. Depending on how clean the existing code is it shouldn't be too difficult to get the plugin updated to CB 2.x.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn