Parent-Parent issue / Options

1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #330084 by galanopd
Parent-Parent issue / Options was created by galanopd
In the following Plan structure, when I try to add a new plan under P-P1 or P-P2 is not possible as I don't have this option. In order to do this I have to set P-P1 or P-P2 as "top" and then add child plans. After I do that, I can set P-P1 or P-P2 under P and they will "carry" their child plans but in the case I edit them and change something the child plan is kicked out from its parent and becomes "top".

The reason I use this structure is because I need to give the availability of upgrading with pro-rating among various child plans and in case of cancelation or expiration to always have a bottom layer as P (registered) to fall.

P (exclusive)
- P-P1 (non exclusive)
-- P-P1-C1 (exclusive)
-- P-P1-C2 (exclusive)
- P-P2 (non exclusive)
-- P-P2-C1 (exclusive)
-- P-P2-C2 (exclusive)

Under Plan->Options->Display there is "Hide Options if Plan is Not Selected" but it refers to Options-Options and not Options. Is it possible to hide Options (including Price options) in a plan?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 9 months ago #330087 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Parent-Parent issue / Options
Child plan structure is only intended to got 1 level deep. While you can force it with what you're doing it's not officially supported. The reason for this is all our checks only got 1 parent up when checking for permissions, active parent, etc.. I do not recommend forcing it and instead probably need to reconsider how you have your plans setup.

Under Plan->Options->Display there is "Hide Options if Plan is Not Selected" but it refers to Options-Options and not Options. Is it possible to hide Options (including Price options) in a plan?

That's only for plan options. You cannot hide plan prices. There are no plans to support hiding plan prices.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #330118 by galanopd
Replied by galanopd on topic Parent-Parent issue / Options

I do not recommend forcing it and instead probably need to reconsider how you have your plans setup.

Have followed your advice and changed the structure to 1 level depth.

That's only for plan options. You cannot hide plan prices. There are no plans to support hiding plan prices.

That's ok

Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn