On : profile edit - profile view

OR
2)
Field : view Access Levels
User : Viewing User
Operator : has
View Access Level : Staff
On : profile edit - profile view

This works well to display the field only to the user or to our staff.
However I have noticed that people with Staff access level cannot see this field of other people with same Staff access level.
Is it normal ?
did I miss something in my conditions ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 8 months ago #330093 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Conditional field display issue

However I have noticed that people with Staff access level cannot see this field of other people with same Staff access level.
Is it normal ?

Does the field have privacy controls applied to it via CB Privacy? The field could be set to private. The condition looks fine, but you can check for failed conditions by toggling on debugging at the bottom of the condition and it will output the condition results to Joomla's message queue that typically displays at the top of pages.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 8 months ago #330095 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Conditional field display issue
Yes the debugging is fine and correctly outputs the results and privacy controls is forced to public.

I only have this issue when the condition applies to the same viewing level

1 year 8 months ago #330096 by krileon
If the debugging is reporting the condition is a success then my guess is you've something else also affecting its display. CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection maybe? Does the field display when you unpublish CB Conditionals?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 8 months ago #330100 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Conditional field display issue
Found the issue : the field was empty and the ajax placeholder did not display for this user (staff and special access levels)
That's strange as the placeholder displays correctly for all other users.
Anyway this solved my issue

Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

1 year 8 months ago #330103 by krileon
Ajax placeholder is only supposed to display to users that have ajax edit access and the field is empty. Normal empty field placeholder as configured in CB > Configuration should be displayed in all other cases unless you've set empty fields to be hidden.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn