Profile Update after Renewal and Registration

1 year 7 months ago #330487 by cagoffice
Hi, We are coming up on our renewals and were hoping to force all new renewals and registrations to the profile page and ensure that the information is updated once the registration payment is completed before they are able to move on to the site. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 7 months ago #330488 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Profile Update after Renewal and Registration
Best I can suggest is redirecting them to profile edit using CB Auto Actions on the onAfterUserLoginSuccess trigger. You can use Conditions to check the status of their subscription. It's extremely complicated getting Joomla to force someone to stay on a specific URL. There's only 2 features in Joomla that allow for this and that's password reset and privacy consent; there isn't any functionality outside those 2 to force them to stay on a URL. It's possible to implement custom functionality to do that, but again extremely complicated as it's easy to end up locking them into a URL they can't escape ever (e.g. if checks are wrong profile can't be saved, etc..).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 7 months ago #330531 by cagoffice
Replied by cagoffice on topic Profile Update after Renewal and Registration
Hi,
We have implemented this but also added checks for lastupdate date to not keep forcing people to the edit screen who have already updated. the problem is that no matter what the user is forced to the edit screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much,

1 year 7 months ago #330532 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Profile Update after Renewal and Registration
I can't help you code this. You have to implement custom behavior to lock a user to a specific URL using very early Joomla events. Things like privacy consent locking them to profile edit is done on the onAfterRoute Joomla event. The below topic was also asking similar question so might be of help as well.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/developer-members-support/245095-keep-user-on-specific-page-based-on-cb-field-similar-to-agree-to-terms#330274

If you need custom coding assistance consider reviewing our newly launched Business plan below to help cater to such needs.

www.joomlapolis.com/business-membership

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.396 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn