[SOLVED] Creating a pinned post

1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #330513 by PaceOnline
[SOLVED] Creating a pinned post was created by PaceOnline
This may sound silly but I can't figure out how to make a post pinned. I want to make event activity and video activity pinned. I can't find a field or option for it. Please help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 7 months ago #330514 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Creating a pinned post
Only moderators can pin activity. Once you've created your activity click the "Pin this Activity" menu item as shown below.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaceOnline

1 year 7 months ago #330541 by PaceOnline
Replied by PaceOnline on topic Creating a pinned post
I am struggling to pull this off. I can't make my users moderators. I have placed them in a user group that is part of an Access Level that should make them moderators but it seems to have no effect. Besides the setting in CB Configuration is there anything else that could be affecting this?

1 year 7 months ago #330546 by krileon
Only moderators can pin. Do not give moderator permissions to your entire userbase. Regular users cannot pin activity. This assumes pinning is even enabled within your activity stream. You can check if its globally enabled in CB Activity > Parameters > Activity > Display.

Note pinned activity is deprecated. It will be completely gone in CB Activity 6.0.0. I do not recommend becoming dependent on that feature. The same applies to global posts (announcement button). Both of these features impose a significant performance impact so they are removed in 6.0.0.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 7 months ago #330605 by PaceOnline
Replied by PaceOnline on topic Creating a pinned post
I think the problem is that I can't make any user a moderator. Please can I have steps for that.

1 year 7 months ago #330616 by krileon
Do not make every user a moderator. They will have permission to moderate everything on the frontend of your site. Moderation is based off usergroups and view access levels. You select what view access level has moderator permissions in CB > Configuration > Moderation. This should be configured carefully.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn