CB Email autoaction

1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #330577 by activha
CB Email autoaction was created by activha
Hello
I'd like to use an email autoaction but need to pass some information into the body area.

More specifically I'd like to transfer info from an activity item to the body of an email.
It's hard to use any trigger as the email needs to be sent only once upon manual push of a
button by the user (owning the activity)

The only solution that I see is getting the activity data to be transferred by [get_somedata ]

Can you share your ideas if you see any other solution ?

Thanks a lot

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #330587 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Email autoaction
That information will either need to be sent as part of the GET/POST or you may need to consider using a Code action and coding the email yourself so you can use PHP to retrieve whatever activity information you need. Will review adding a parser function to run inline PHP in a future release which should help with what you're wanting to do. For now you'd need a 3rd party extension for that and to enable content plugins for the email.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9025

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 6 months ago #330592 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Email autoaction
Best thing would be to be able to transfer the info to a component like Acymailing which would take care of the emailing/subscription/bounce process.

For now there is an integration for CB fields but not for CB plugins except CB subscriptions.

Any chance you'd write one for CB Activity ?

1 year 6 months ago #330598 by krileon
I've no plans to write a integration for AcyMailing, sorry. I simply do not have the time. You can try using a Code field, writing the necessary PHP for whatever information you're wanting, then having AcyMailing include that. Alternatively if AcyMailing supports Joomla content plugins you can use something like Sorcerer to write inline PHP.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: activha

1 year 6 months ago #330614 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Email autoaction
Sourcerer seems a nice option as I could use CB substitutions within.

But I would also need to have substitutions for CB Activity. For instance something like [plugin_cbactivity_id_asset] or [plugin_cbactivity_id_params_somedata]

I cannot use an action as Acymailing has no clue what is the activity id and neither a code field as we are emailing a user not already registered in CB but a simple lead from acymailing.

This acymailing user will only have a CB activity id in an acymailing field or in another new table field with its acy id.

Hence substitutions for CB Activity would be perfect.

Do you have this in mind or another idea for achieving this ?

1 year 6 months ago #330620 by krileon
If you have the activity id you can use PHP to get whatever other details about the activity that you need, but most information like the activity message, title, etc.. is all processed on display and not stored in the database. There are no plans to add substitutions for building activity objects and pulling their data.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn