Groupjive module

1 year 4 months ago #331516 by galanopd
Groupjive module was created by galanopd
I have checked all modes of the module but I can't find a way to make the module visible for the displayed user.
What I mean is that when I {loadmodule xxx} on the profile, it doesn't appear. The only way to make it appear is to go by category but then I see all the groupsof the specific category.
I need to make it show only the group of the displayed user within the category.
Is this possible somehow?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 4 months ago #331524 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Groupjive module
There is no functionality for showing the displayed users groups. It's always checking against the viewing user.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 4 months ago #331525 by galanopd
Replied by galanopd on topic Groupjive module
So no possibility of achieving this somehow?

1 year 4 months ago #331527 by krileon
Only thing I can think of is using a tab substitution in a CB Content Module to substitute in the displayed users Groups tab. That'd basically be the only way. Is there a reason you need to do this with a module instead of just using the Groups tab?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #331533 by galanopd
Replied by galanopd on topic Groupjive module
Because I have found this as a solution to avoid hustle and bustle - Group link subject - plus that it looks much nicer on the page.
I have a few info gathered all together in a card so the user gets a quick look of the key points from various tabs. Once click on each one, takes the user to the corresponding tab for more info.

EDIT: After all I solved it by using a query to get the group id and add it to a link although I believe the module was a nicer solution for the user. Anyway, now I am trying to get the number of users in the specific group but I can't find it somewhere clearly in the tables. Do I have to do some sort of calculation in the table groupjive_users and sum up all the user_id(s) column related to group column? Is it somewhere else located? I can see a reference only in params {"users":1} in table groupjive_groups.

Thanks

1 year 4 months ago #331541 by krileon
Group users are stored in _groupjive_users they reference their groups via the group column. That column holds the group id. So you should be able to just count the rows conditioned against whatever group id you need.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: galanopd

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds