Groupjive module

1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #331553 by galanopd
Replied by galanopd on topic Groupjive module
One more question on this
Is it possible to subtract 1 user from   .

I need this because the specific group is created by an AA and the owner is the Administrator, so I don't want it to count the Administrator as a user.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 4 months ago #331562 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Groupjive module
Yes, the user count is passed through the group object using a temporary variable so you should be able to modify it using CB Auto Actions. Below the below should work.

Global
Triggers: gj_onDisplayGroup
Type: Code
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Action
Method: PHP
Code:
$usersCount = $variables['var1']->get( '_users', 0 );

$variables['var1']->set( '_users', ( $usersCount ? $usersCount - 1 : 0 ) );
Parameters
References: Variable 1

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 4 months ago #331569 by galanopd
I followed steps carefully but it is not deducting 1 user.
I though it was the Condition  
and I took the Condition out but it still shows the number of users with Admin included.
Attachments:

1 year 4 months ago #331584 by krileon
Be sure the reference is set under the Parameters tab. This may not work if users count is having to fallback to performing the count as a separate query though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 4 months ago #331689 by galanopd

Be sure the reference is set under the Parameters tab. This may not work if users count is having to fallback to performing the count as a separate query though.

The reference is set to Parameters->References->Variable 1.
There is no query here.
What I have noticed is that it does work in community/groups where all the groups are visible. For instance, it shows in a group 2 users when in community/groups but when I click on this group and go to community/groups/1-mycategory/23-mygroup to view group's members then it shows 3 users.

I am also trying to narrow it down to specific category using

Conditions
Field -> Value
Custom Value ->[var2_category]
Operator -> Equal To
Value -> 1

1 year 4 months ago #331694 by krileon
Make a second auto action as follows and that should cover the group page as well.

Global
Triggers: gj_onBeforeDisplayGroup
Type: Code
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Action
Method: PHP
Code:
$usersCount = $variables['var2']->get( '_users', 0 );

$variables['var2']->set( '_users', ( $usersCount ? $usersCount - 1 : 0 ) );
Parameters
References: Variable 2

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds