Activity feed - including activity of my connections but not myself

1 year 3 months ago #332510 by ds-sric-support
Hello,

We're having a strange issue for users belonging to a particular permission group. When they're logged in and editing their own profile the field values (cb fields only it seems) are blank after saving, including those values saved prior by a superuser. This only affects a subgroup of Registered we created called 'Registered Organisation'. I checked that 'Edit Own' permission is set, as attached. Do you have any idea what we can do to diagnose this, or what further checks we can conduct in the CB configuration? With debugging on max, nothing relating to profile saving is appearing in admin/logs/everything.php

Thanks

Dave

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 3 months ago #332511 by krileon
Joomla field permissions don't apply to CB fields unless you're using a Joomla fieldtype to render a Joomla user field. Not sure what the title of your topic has to do with your issue though?

Main reason for save issues like that is a misconfigured condition in CB Conditional, database storage issue (unlikely since it only affects a few users), or a plugin acting on user store events (e.g. if you configured an auto action in CB Auto Actions incorrectly). If CB Conditional is installed quickest way to see if it's causing this is to just unpublish it. Same for CB Auto Actions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 3 months ago #332517 by ds-sric-support
Hi, thanks for the reply.

Sorry I had a post subject left over from an earlier draft.

I've discovered that unpublishing CB Conditional has enabled saving for this permission group. I'm not sure which of and why the conditional rules we have set up across tabs and fields might be causing this, there's nothing that includes any checking against the user permission group.

Dave

1 year 3 months ago #332525 by krileon
You'll need to check that field and its tabs conditions and see what conditions you've set. One of them is failing server side resulting in the value being reset due to the condition not matching. This can happen if a field conditions itself for example.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 3 months ago #332528 by ds-sric-support
We realised that if a field used in a Displayed user condition isn't itself visible to the Viewing user, the condition will never match. Is this how you've intended CB Conditional to work? We have a boolean field to determine a user type, which isn't visible to most users (belonging to a tab only visible to super users). If we moved this field to a visible tab, the CB conditions built upon it start to work as expected.

1 year 3 months ago #332531 by krileon
Yes, if the field isn't accessible to the user there isn't really anything to condition against. Please provide a screenshot of your condition as there's other ways to do static conditioning that can bypass access checks. Example as follows.

Field: Custom > Value
Custom Value: [FIELD_NAME]
Operator: Equal To
Value: 1

This would condition the database stored value of FIELD_NAME against the value of 1. This will bypass access permissions.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn