CBSubs subscription plans that are only for a specific user or set of users.

1 year 2 months ago #332593 by jamesmoeller
I have a subscription plan that is only for a specific user or set of users, and I’d like to groom the presentation (and subscription sign-up) of that plan to only the user or users to which it applies. 

First, I want to make sure I’ve set the plan workflows and access so that the plan does not show for other users to which the plan does not apply. 
Under Plan >> Workflows I’ve set the following:
Selected by default >> No
Allow Registration >> No
Allow upgrade to this >> No
Under Plan >> Access I’ve set the following:
Published >> Yes
Allow new subscriptions >> Yes
Allow access from site frontend >> No, this plan is not visible in site, only in admin backend.
Are these the correct settings to ensure this plan is never presented publicly?

Second, intersecting with those setting above is the challenge of presenting the plan to the appropriate user(s) for initial subscription sign-up and subsequent renewal. Is there a way to present a plan sign-up only to a specific user or set of users…maybe available only in their user profile subscriptions tab? Maybe this is something exclusively managed via the Joomla admin backend?

Finally, this is potentially a situation where I’d also like to apply the CBSubs Family Plans plugin. 
Can Family Plans be managed via the Joomla backend or are those groups only manageable via the emails that the Family Plans plugin sends? 
Also, when one person of the Family Plan signs-up or renews, I’m assuming the subscription become active for all the others on the Family Plan, correct? 

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 2 months ago #332601 by krileon

If you intend for it to be entirely managed from backend then yes your settings are correct as that plan cannot be accessed from frontend using that configuration.

Second, intersecting with those setting above is the challenge of presenting the plan to the appropriate user(s) for initial subscription sign-up and subsequent renewal. Is there a way to present a plan sign-up only to a specific user or set of users…maybe available only in their user profile subscriptions tab? Maybe this is something exclusively managed via the Joomla admin backend?

Given your plan can't be accessed from frontend with that configuration you'd need to entirely manage it from backend in which case you'd just give the plan to the users who are allowed access to it manually and there's no further configuration required.

Finally, this is potentially a situation where I’d also like to apply the CBSubs Family Plans plugin. 
Can Family Plans be managed via the Joomla backend or are those groups only manageable via the emails that the Family Plans plugin sends? 
Also, when one person of the Family Plan signs-up or renews, I’m assuming the subscription become active for all the others on the Family Plan, correct? 

Shared subscriptions can be managed from the backend as well. Navigate to CB Paid Subscriptions > Payments Center and you should find a button called Shared Subscriptions. From there you can create, edit, and deleted shared subscriptions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 2 months ago #332609 by jamesmoeller

If you intend for it to be entirely managed from backend then yes your settings are correct as that plan cannot be accessed from frontend using that configuration.

Given your plan can't be accessed from frontend with that configuration you'd need to entirely manage it from backend in which case you'd just give the plan to the users who are allowed access to it manually and there's no further configuration required.

Shared subscriptions can be managed from the backend as well. Navigate to CB Paid Subscriptions > Payments Center and you should find a button called Shared Subscriptions. From there you can create, edit, and deleted shared subscriptions.

Relative to the first two questions, is there any implementation middle-ground, where plan can be presented on the front-end, but only to a certain set of users?

1 year 2 months ago #332612 by krileon

Relative to the first two questions, is there any implementation middle-ground, where plan can be presented on the front-end, but only to a certain set of users?

Yes, add conditions to your plan under the Workflows tab to limit it to specific users. For example you can limit a plans access based off a fields value. You can also use usergroups to limit access then set the usergroup required for the plan under the Access tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn