CBSubs PayPal Standard - PayPal Error NO_BUSINESS

1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #332674 by jamesmoeller
I'm attempting to setup a PayPal payment gateway using the normal PayPal gateway that CBSubs provides.
I think I'm receiving an error associated with the business name that the CBSubs PayPal gateway is sending to PayPal, though I'm unclear on where, in the various configuration settings, CBSubs is getting that business name information.

I've created a simple subscription plan and I'm using the PayPal gateway with that plan.
When that subscription plan is presented, and I click on the "UPGRADE" button, I received an error on the PayPal site saying "Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later." 
The URL associated with this page is as follows.
www.paypal.com/webapps/shoppingcart/error?flowlogging_id=07728703490b6&code=NO_BUSINESS

Within my PayPal account I've got "Encrypted Website Payments" set to OFF.
In addition, I've triple-checked that I've got the correct email address, for my PayPal account, and the correct Identity Token specified in the "PayPal Account and PDT Identity token" section of the payment gateway configuration. 
These seem to be the most common fixes for the "Things don't appear to be working...." error.

It looks like the "NO_BUSINESS" at the end of the URL indicates that there is an issue with the business name being sent to PayPal.
So, where does the payment gateway get that business name?

The final odd thing about this error is that after I receive this error, if I browse back a page to my website, it looks as if CBSubs recognizes that the subscription has been added to the purchase basket. The purchase prompt then reads "Expired Not Yet Paid" along with a "Pay Now" button. If I then click on the "Pay Now" button, the transaction then goes to PayPal correctly. So, it looks as if its only on the initial "UPGRADE" purchase where there is a problem with the information communicated to PayPal.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 1 month ago #332682 by krileon
So you only have 1 payment gateway configured? Sounds like it's bypassing the basket triggering a direct redirect to PayPal. Are you seeing a basket where you'd select the payment method or does it immediately try to go to PayPal? It's possible that URL has changed at PayPal and we'll need to apply a fix.

As for the NO_BUSINESS that's just PayPal redirecting you to a different page on their end.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 1 month ago #332683 by krileon
Ok, was able to confirm the direct redirect URL was completely removed by PayPal. Am issuing a fix ASAP to change it to the new recommended URL structure.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9122

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #332684 by jamesmoeller
Replied by jamesmoeller on topic CBSubs PayPal Standard - PayPal Error NO_BUSINESS

So you only have 1 payment gateway configured? Sounds like it's bypassing the basket triggering a direct redirect to PayPal. Are you seeing a basket where you'd select the payment method or does it immediately try to go to PayPal? It's possible that URL has changed at PayPal and we'll need to apply a fix.

As for the NO_BUSINESS that's just PayPal redirecting you to a different page on their end.

Yes, I only have 1 payment gateway configured, which is the PayPal Standard gateway. On the initial selection of the subscription, clicking on the "UPGRADE" button takes me directly to the PayPal site, and no basket or selection of payment method is displayed.  That PayPal page...or at least the resulting page that I see, is the URL noted above (1st attached pic: AfterClickingUPGRADE.jpg). It's only after I browse "back" a page to my website, and then click the "Pay Now" button, that I see the basket and the option to select the payment method (2nd attached pic: AfterClickingPayNow.jpg).

Attachments:

1 year 1 month ago #332687 by krileon
Ok, the redirect URL is what is causing the issue and a fix is being reviewed for merging. Once done we'll release a new build fixing the redirect URL. The alternative to waiting for the fix is to make sure the basket always shows so it never does redirect behavior. There's a few ways to do that and they are as follows.

1. Have more than 1 payment option
2. Supply intro texts within CBSubs > Settings > Display > Baskets
3. Enable invoice address within CBSubs > Settings > Display > Invoices
4. Enable terms and conditions within CBSubs > Settings > Display > Baskets

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

1 year 1 month ago #332691 by krileon
This is now fixed in the latest CBSubs build release. The redirect URL has been updated to PayPal's latest usage. You can however still do any of the above if you prefer to have a basket.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn