Message read / not read icon confusion

1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #332849 by boyjahq
While it does not interfere with basic functionality, there is an issue with the message read or not read icon that displays depending on if a message is in the incoming message box or the outgoing message box that is causing some of our users to contact us for clarification.

If a message is showing as having been read in the outgoing message box, if the user opens that message, the envelope icon shows as being open (has already been read).

Incoming message image:

Image when opening the already read message:

However, it is not the same for messages for Outgoing messages. When looking at the outgoing messages list, an already read message shows the open envelope icon:

But when they open the message to read it again, the icon at the top of the message shows the closed envelope icon, indicating that it has not yet been read:

If they click the Return button and go back to the Incoming Message list, it shows as having been read. So, is there any way to fix this so that we don't have so many confused users writing to us?

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 2 months ago #332852 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Message read / not read icon confusion
Received messages read state is based off if you read the message or not. Sent messages read state is based off if the recipient has read the message or not.

Just looks like there's a bug when viewing a sent message and the read status is not working correctly there. It's working correctly on the list view. Have added a bug ticket to fix.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9127

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 1 month ago #333230 by boyjahq
Replied by boyjahq on topic Message read / not read icon confusion
We continue to get support requests from our members because they are confused about if a message they have sent has been read or not.

1 year 1 month ago #333233 by krileon
A fix has been submitted for review and will be available in a build release once merged. For now just tell them the read status they see on the Sent messages page is 100% correct. It's only the read status when directly viewing the sent message that is incorrect.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 1 month ago #333239 by krileon
This is now fixed in latest CB build release.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: boyjahq

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn