Create Linked CB Gallery Media Items

11 months 1 day ago #333952 by PaceOnline
Create Linked CB Gallery Media Items was created by PaceOnline
Can I use a CB Gallery Auto Action to link media items e.g. photos and videos in a group. I want to create an auto action that I can call via REST to create new linked items in a CB GroupJive group.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 months 1 day ago #333957 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Create Linked CB Gallery Media Items
Yes, you should just need to set its asset to groupjive.group.GROUP_ID for it to show in that groups gallery.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 months 1 day ago #333969 by PaceOnline
Replied by PaceOnline on topic Create Linked CB Gallery Media Items
My auto actions are going in a loop. When I create a new linked item with a rest call the new item calls the auto action that sends new media items to the app so it becomes a duplicate. I hope I am making sense. Is there a way I can supress auto actions after calling one?

11 months 11 hours ago #333970 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Create Linked CB Gallery Media Items
I'm guessing you've an auto action acting on gallery_onAfterCreateItem? You should be able to condition against the GET parameters in the URL. This would let you limit it to frontend only uploads/links from within CB Gallery. Example as follows.

Field: Custom > Value
Custom Value: [get_plugin]
Operator: Equal To
Value: cbgallery

This ensures the trigger only fired when accessing a URL with &plugin=cbgallery in it, which all frontend CB Gallery uploads/links will have.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaceOnline

11 months 9 hours ago #333981 by PaceOnline
This may well be the most brilliant support response in history. The implications of how many possibilities just went through my head are unimaginable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

11 months 9 hours ago #333982 by PaceOnline
is there another trigger that we can use for the activity of the item being created so that I can pass the activity id and the asset together? 

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.493 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn