Stripe automatic renewal configuration

10 months 3 weeks ago - 10 months 3 weeks ago #334026 by ospaorg
We are transitioning from authorize.net to Stripe.  My single payment subscriptions are working well.  I cannot figure out how to configure the CBsubs plan to correctly charge for the current yearly plan and then the subsequent years; it appears to be giving a free first year.  We are on a calendar-based, renewable,  yearly subscription plan, beginning 07-01 with the option to purchase/renew subscription up to 3 months before the actual start of the calendar year.  This has been working well for a number of years with single payments/manual renewal.  Here is the configuration of the plan:

Here is what I get in the Stripe hosted checkout; it should give the user the option to pay for this year OR pay for this year with following years ARB, there should be no free trial.  Please advise.  (this is on Stripe test mode)(please see second attachment)  

Version:  CBsubs 4.6.1 build.2023.05.17.16.17.22.cdc1f46c2                 CB:  2.8.0 build.2023.05.26.14.42.43.3634ccdb3
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 months 2 weeks ago - 10 months 2 weeks ago #334033 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe automatic renewal configuration
Notice there's 2 line items. The first line item $120 will be billed immediately. The recurring payments for $120 will start after 365 days. This is due to Stripe Checkout not having a better way to deal with different initial payment/duration from recurring payment/duration so it displays a bit goofy like this. It will display fine using on-site Stripe payments. I don't really have an alternative at this time for Stripe Checkout to improve this. It says 365 days, but the start date is actually a full timestamp so it's probably different by a few hours enough to cause it to display the second line.

In short your plan is working fine and Stripe Checkout just has to display it goofy due to lacking the functionality of different initial price/duration which is caused by the by calendar year duration which is a variable duration (can change).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 months 2 weeks ago #334047 by ospaorg
Replied by ospaorg on topic Stripe automatic renewal configuration
Thank you for the response. From your experience, do you anticipate I may experience any PCI compliance complexities by moving back to on-site Stripe Payments? PCI compliance on the Stripe hosted checkout was amazingly simple.

10 months 2 weeks ago #334048 by krileon
PCI compliancy is minimal for Stripe on-site payments as payments never touch your domain. They're handled entirely through Stripe. Basically credit card numbers, etc.. are never exposed to your domain.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 months 2 weeks ago #334067 by ospaorg
Replied by ospaorg on topic Stripe automatic renewal configuration
Thank you. I have the ARB process mostly setup but ran into the following error for those trying to subscribe before the calendar year and who would be getting "free" time before the actual year starts.  Please advise if there is a setting in CB or Stripe, or if there are any workarounds:

Attachments:

10 months 2 weeks ago - 10 months 2 weeks ago #334070 by krileon
Unfortunately that's the maximum number of days that can be within a subscription at Stripe. So you may need to adjust your plans to be within the limitations of that. Stripe allows for the following intervals.

days, weeks, months, years

The maximum values for those are as follows.

days = 365
weeks = 52
months = 12
years = 1

Each payment provider has its restrictions and unfortunately this is Stripes. I'll see if I can workaround this using a Subscription Schedule in a future release, but I can't guarantee that'll be a solution. Basically it'd create multiple payment plans at Stripe and chain them together to reach the necessary total.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9187

I don't have a timeframe for this or guarantee it'll be able to handle breaking up the subscription properly. Will try to prioritize implementing this sometime next week if it's possible.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn