Can CB Pro do this?

6 years 1 month ago #302282 by LongWinter67
Can CB Pro do this? was created by LongWinter67
1. My site will have different types of profiles for the community of users. They will need to pick their profile type before they create it ... so presumably, while they register?

2. I'll want to provide paid for access to different content but also only access to certain profile types. Can the included CB subscriptions do that?

Thanks,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago #302298 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Can CB Pro do this?

1. My site will have different types of profiles for the community of users. They will need to pick their profile type before they create it ... so presumably, while they register?

You'll need CB Conditional for that. You'd have a profile type select field where they can select what profile type they want. You'd then condition other tabs/fields to show/hide based off that profile type selection.

2. I'll want to provide paid for access to different content but also only access to certain profile types. Can the included CB subscriptions do that?

You'll need CBSubs for that. You can skip needing CB Conditional entirely and just have CBSubs do this by having a CBSubs plan per profile type. Ideally you'd also configure each plan to assign a usergroup created in Joomla for each profile type so you can also protect content using usergroup/view access level through Joomla on a per profile type basis.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LongWinter67

6 years 3 weeks ago #302579 by LongWinter67
Replied by LongWinter67 on topic Can CB Pro do this?
Hi Krileon,

I'm waiting for my client to pay and initiate this project so I decided to play around with the CB demo site to create my users, plans... and I thought profiles. But I'm obviously not quite getting a key aspect of CB :)

Can you create different profiles or Is there actually only one "profile" that you create with all kinds of different permission/access/subscription levels with conditions on which elements of the profiles site visitors/users can see once again based on access/subscription levels?

6 years 3 weeks ago #302614 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Can CB Pro do this?
There is only 1 profile. You show/hide tabs/fields to adjust how the profile displays or what information is available to the profile owner using either CB Conditional (to condition based off another field) and/or CBSubs (to condition based off a subscription).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LongWinter67

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn