CB Conditionals _ question

6 years 2 days ago #303287 by denisp
CB Conditionals _ question was created by denisp
Hello everyone,
I am writing here to understand if it is doable the following project:

1 - customize the user registration form
2 - I need to create 20 options (radio buttons ? even better a dropdown list)
3 - when user selects an option from point 2, he will get another dropdown list where he can select the last option.
4 - points 3 and 4 are searchable by a new user.

What I need is concatenate droplists but I think CB cannot manage them.
So I think I can use CB Conditionals...
where an option selected corresponds to the display of the related field (droplist)

can you confirm is this the right solution?
or if there is a better one?

thanks in advance,
denis

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 2 days ago #303306 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Conditionals _ question

1 - customize the user registration form

You can add new fields and move them around as needed within CB > Field Management. Registration can also be displayed as a flat layout, tabbed layout, or step by step usage.

2 - I need to create 20 options (radio buttons ? even better a dropdown list)

Doable with the standard fields included with CB.

3 - when user selects an option from point 2, he will get another dropdown list where he can select the last option.

You'd need CB Conditional for this.

4 - points 3 and 4 are searchable by a new user.

Doable by simply setting your fields searchable and creating a userlist for them.

Sounds like so far based off your needs you only need CB Conditional.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 2 days ago #303319 by denisp
Replied by denisp on topic CB Conditionals _ question
Thank you krileon for the feedback,
so with CB Conditionals, you confirm,
I will be able to manage up to 20 conditions on the same field?

thanks again!
denis

6 years 1 day ago #303330 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Conditionals _ question
You can have as many conditions you want on a field, but CB Conditional does not condition individual options to show/hide. It will show/hide entire fields or entire tabs of fields. If you want a radio field for example to show/hide radio options based off the value of another field it gets more complicated as you'll need to code that behavior using CB Code Field and its Code Radio fieldtype in combination of CB Core Field Ajax and its Update On usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 1 day ago #303332 by denisp
Replied by denisp on topic CB Conditionals _ question
ok, thas'it!
CB conditionals will show/hide entire fields: that's the solution I need.
thanks again!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn