possible to move the images and data to Community Builder

5 years 1 month ago #310736 by poona
Could you please help us out in the following :

1. We have images in phoco gallery along with
user data in Description. Is it possible to move
the images and data to Community Builder?

2. In Community Builder Image Gallery, how to
save images in CPanel under the specific User that is,
for example
Image/Comprofile/Username/Images
Currently the images get stored generally instead of specific user
that is - Image/Comprofile/Images
How do solve this problem.

3. Is it possible to set limits for different user
in Image Gallery

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 1 month ago #310784 by poona
Dear Sir,

I am waiting for your reply.

Regards,
poonam

5 years 3 weeks ago #310980 by beat
This question has been posted by error in a language forum category moderated by volunteer translators, so I'm now moving it into presales so that our team can answer it.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

5 years 3 weeks ago #310982 by krileon

1. We have images in phoco gallery along with
user data in Description. Is it possible to move
the images and data to Community Builder?

We don't have any specific import functionality Phoca Gallery to what you would likely have to use CB Gallery. It maybe possible, but it would require some manual work. First you'd need to ensure the Phoca files have been configured to CB Gallery file structure which is as follows.

/images/comprofiler/plug_cbgaller/USER_ID/TYPE

So for example you'd have the below.

/images/comprofiler/plug_cbgaller/42/photos

Type can be one of the following: photos, videos, files, music

Next if they are photos you need to ensure there's 2 versions of each photo. 1 is the fullsize image and 1 is the thumbnail. The thumbnail image should be named the same as the fullsize image except prefixed with "tn". Example as follows.

/images/comprofiler/plug_cbgaller/42/photos/test.jpg
/images/comprofiler/plug_cbgaller/42/photos/tntest.jpg

Once you've the file structure worked out you'll need to formulate the necessary database query to move Phoca Gallery database date to CB Gallery. Specifically to the _comprofiler_plugin_gallery_items table. I'm not familiar with Phoca Gallery so I can't suggest much regarding that, but the below is an example query for doing this.

INSERT INTO `jos_comprofiler_plugin_gallery_items` ( `user_id`, `asset`, `type`, `value`, `file`, `title`, `date` ) SELECT `user_id`, CONCAT( 'profile.', `user_id` ), 'photos', `STORED_FILENAME_COLUMN`, `ORIGINAL_FILENAME_COLUMN`, `title`, `date` FROM `YOUR_DATABASE_TABLE`

2. In Community Builder Image Gallery, how to
save images in CPanel under the specific User that is,
for example
Image/Comprofile/Username/Images
Currently the images get stored generally instead of specific user
that is - Image/Comprofile/Images
How do solve this problem.

For image fields you can't. They're always stored directly in /images/comprofiler.

3. Is it possible to set limits for different user
in Image Gallery

I'm not sure what limits you mean. If you mean the user can only upload X number of photos of Y size then yes that's doable in CB Gallery. Image fields only allow 1 image to be uploaded and have parameters for size limits.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn