[SOLVED] Security updates

4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #314549 by Deveshi
[SOLVED] Security updates was created by Deveshi
Hi,
After subscription ends do you continue to offer security updates or updates if there are changes in PHP version for example? Or is it a case of needing to renew CB subscription whenever there are updates in the wider IT community?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 5 months ago #314558 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Security updates
When your subscription ends you lose access to updates and priority support. We do not backport fixes of any kind to older releases. This of course only applies to paid products as Community Builder it self is free.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 5 months ago #314560 by Deveshi
Replied by Deveshi on topic Security updates
HI krileon,

Thanks for the support. Just so i have my head around this...Given what you've said about community builder itself being free, am I correct is then assuming that I am safe as far as core updates are concerned. My only real issue will be to maintain the security of purchased addons? That is to say, the free download for community builder is the same as the core community builder files in the paid version?

Thanks.

4 years 5 months ago #314563 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Security updates

Given what you've said about community builder itself being free, am I correct is then assuming that I am safe as far as core updates are concerned.

Yes.

My only real issue will be to maintain the security of purchased addons?

Yes, you are encouraged to keep an active subscription if you use any purchased addons. We provide rapid development flow here using Build releases. These are basically Nightlies that have gone through normal Stable release testing. We can release bug fixes in as little as a few minutes to hours of report depending on severity. Sometimes features, if simple, are even implemented the day of request (note feature requests need to be generic and have a wide range of usages; we do not implement site specific functionality). Note this is not a guarantee of timeframe on anything reported or requested as it just really depends on what it is as some bugs are minor and may not be fixed for awhile, etc... You can monitor all product progress on our forge below.

forge.joomlapolis.com/

That is to say, the free download for community builder is the same as the core community builder files in the paid version?

Yes, there is only 1 version of Community Builder and it's free.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Deveshi

4 years 5 months ago #314566 by Deveshi
Replied by Deveshi on topic Security updates
Thanks for the robust support :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn