[SOLVED] Menu Items in Tabs?

4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #314554 by Deveshi
[SOLVED] Menu Items in Tabs? was created by Deveshi
Hi is it possible to create tabs in CB profiles that are linked to menu items. For example, I'd like to create a tab that links to an external URL such as the user's website.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 5 months ago #314559 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Menu Items in Tabs?
No, the tabs are not a menu system so that's not possible. Only way to do that would be to add to the menu bar above their profile (CB Menu and its Menu tab) using CB Auto Actions or a custom plugin to act on the menu trigger to extend it with new menu entries (we've plans to add full backend management to CB Menu to make this easier in the future). I guess an alternative could be to create a tab then use custom JS to navigate the user away upon clicking that tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 5 months ago #314561 by Deveshi
Replied by Deveshi on topic Menu Items in Tabs?
That's unfortunate. May I ask, with the paid version, could I get support (forum guidance) in developing this feature? For example, I wondering about exploring this feature with Jumi - (can't link URL but its on JED)

4 years 5 months ago #314562 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Menu Items in Tabs?
We do not assist with custom code development. We sell the products listed here and support for those products.

As for Jumi I assume you're just wanting to execute inline PHP? That's doable using CB Code Field which is designed for exactly that. If you want to create custom component pages with custom PHP that's doable using CB Auto Actions and its Code action then by leaving Triggers as None so it just acts like an endpoint to link to. You can have 2 auto actions 1 renders and HTML form and the other saves it even.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Deveshi

4 years 5 months ago #314565 by Deveshi
Replied by Deveshi on topic Menu Items in Tabs?
Thank you for the help :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn