CB Conditional to Search members by countries/states cascading dropdown fields

3 years 6 months ago #320847 by Chris041973
Hello,
Please I would like to know if CB Conditional can Search members by countries/states cascading dropdown fields ?
Moreover, I have 2 more questions :
In your Demo, we can see the indicaton of a new message in 'My profile' page only ... Please could we add this new message indication in all CB pages ? if not, the user won't know when he/she receive a new message ...
Regarding your Demo, it takes a lot of time to load pages ... I did a GTmetrix test which confirm it ... Please why your CB demo is so slow ?
Thank you & Regards,
Chris

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago #320848 by krileon

Please I would like to know if CB Conditional can Search members by countries/states cascading dropdown fields ?

CB Conditional can work on the search form so yes I suppose you could condition a state field to display after a country field has a field selected. CB Conditional however just shows and hides fields.

In your Demo, we can see the indicaton of a new message in 'My profile' page only ... Please could we add this new message indication in all CB pages ? if not, the user won't know when he/she receive a new message ...

New private message indicator is in the CB Login Module as well as CB Workflows Module. Those would be your only 2 options outside of profile to indicate there's a new private message.

Regarding your Demo, it takes a lot of time to load pages ... I did a GTmetrix test which confirm it ... Please why your CB demo is so slow ?

Could be a connection issue or you were trying to access it while it was performing its wipe since the demo site wipes itself regularly. Slowest part on the page is the large images being output by CB Gallery, which is already being improved with lazy loading behavior built into CB Gallery. We also don't have HTTP/2 enabled on the demo site yet to consolidate header requests. What load times are you seeing in your tests?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 6 months ago #320849 by Chris041973

CB Conditional can work on the search form so yes I suppose you could condition a state field to display after a country field has a field selected. CB Conditional however just shows and hides fields.

!!!??? Please do you suppose or are you sure !!!??? because if you only suppose, then I won't buy your product ...
For information, your demo doesn't show the region cascading dropdown fields with CB Conditional ... it could be a good idea to set up your demo and we could avoid such question ...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

New private message indicator is in the CB Login Module as well as CB Workflows Module. Those would be your only 2 options outside of profile to indicate there's a new private message.

!!!??? Same the 1st question, unclear answer !!!??? Same answer like previously, it doesn't help to buy your product ... Anyway, clear enough to understand the users won't know when they receive a new message when they will operate the website ... the CB design might be improved in the near future to match the features of the private messaging of your competitors, why not ...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Could be a connection issue or you were trying to access it while it was performing its wipe since the demo site wipes itself regularly. Slowest part on the page is the large images being output by CB Gallery, which is already being improved with lazy loading behavior built into CB Gallery. We also don't have HTTP/2 enabled on the demo site yet to consolidate header requests. What load times are you seeing in your tests?

!!!??? OK, why not ... !!!??? Now, the GTMetrix is a bit better than before with : Fully Loaded Time = 7.4s ... but It's worst on mobile phones ...
I have one AMP Joomla theme and wbAMP extension, accelarated mobile page for Joomla ...
PLEASE, DOES CB IS COMPATIBLE, DESIGNED AND WORK with AMP accelarated mobile page for Joomla ??

3 years 6 months ago #320863 by krileon

!!!??? Please do you suppose or are you sure !!!??? because if you only suppose, then I won't buy your product ...

CB Conditional isn't configured to do anything out of the box. You have to setup the conditions, which is why I said I suppose you could do that. If you want cascading dropdowns you'd configure the State field to display once the Country field has a value. All it does is condition the display of fields. It does not adjust the dropdown options of your fields based off another field. For that you need CB Core Fields Ajax and CB Query Field where you will need a database of countries and states. From there you can properly chain the two fields together, but it's unclear what you're wanting exactly.

For information, your demo doesn't show the region cascading dropdown fields with CB Conditional ... it could be a good idea to set up your demo and we could avoid such question ...

It's not going to have a cascading example, because giant dropdown lists are terrible UX. It uses an Autocomplete functionality instead. You can see this working fine on our demo site by logging in, navigating to profile edit, and under the Details tab start typing in the Country field. This is using the Query Autocomplete feature provided by CB Query Field and CB Paid Subscriptions country/province database table (you can use your own database table).

!!!??? Same the 1st question, unclear answer !!!??? Same answer like previously, it doesn't help to buy your product ... Anyway, clear enough to understand the users won't know when they receive a new message when they will operate the website ... the CB design might be improved in the near future to match the features of the private messaging of your competitors, why not ...

I'm not sure how I was unclear. Those 2 modules is the only way to display the private message indicator outside of profile as I directly said. We do have plans to improve this so it can be included in more locations, but the 2 modules cover most needs fairly well.

!!!??? OK, why not ... !!!??? Now, the GTMetrix is a bit better than before with : Fully Loaded Time = 7.4s ... but It's worst on mobile phones ...

I've no idea what GTMetrix is. The demo site has been profiled with Chrome developer tools. I'm not seeing load times anywhere near 7.4s. My guess is the images on the stream are loading too slow for you, which I'm working on improving right now in CB Gallery.

I have one AMP Joomla theme and wbAMP extension, accelarated mobile page for Joomla ...
PLEASE, DOES CB IS COMPATIBLE, DESIGNED AND WORK with AMP accelarated mobile page for Joomla ??

We have no support for Google AMP.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 6 months ago #320895 by Chris041973
Regarding your demo :
Your Demo is slow during day time (we are located in Europe with 500Mbits/sec) but the GTMetrix test is not really good during night time too ...
To avoid it and many crashes of your server, we are using your demo during night time ...
For information, gtmetrix.com & developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/ are online tools to check the performance of websites.

Our project is much more simple than your demo, we just need member profiles, member messages, member search, member group and no more ...
Our project is a volunter and free website for underpreviliged communities in third countries where the internet connection is not really great sometimes and mostly accessed from mobile phones ... therefore, this website will be minimalist without photos and only avatar ... We rent Google Cloud servers with CDN and so far the result is OK with light apps ...
We don't have enough fund to invest in mobile apps and we care before buying any new apps because in the past we bought apps that we couldn't use ...
Few Joomla extensions with good reviews could speed up the loading of pages on mobile phones and we plan to try them ... AMP (accelarated mobile pages) extensions amd templates could help too ...
Moreoevr, we don't have enough found to rent Joomla developers due to poor support and poor documentation ....

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Regarding the 'SEARCH members by countries/states cascading dropdown fields', please find information below :

Youtube Video :

Please find one more example below :

COUNTRY Single Select field (field 1) :
Canada
USA

STATE Single Select field (field 2) :
For information, Alberta & Quebec are 2 states located in Canada country
For information, California & Texas are 2 states located in USA country

In the search members, When a front-end user chose Canada from the single select field 1, then the second select field appears (field 2) with 2 states called Alberta & Quebec. When a front-end user chose USA from the single select field 1, then the second select field appears (field 2) with 2 states called California & Texas

Please could we SEARCH members by countries/states cascading dropdown fields with CB ?

For information, you have 2 fields called countries & states in your admin demo but most of your demo fields are select or text fields !!!
It will be a great idea and great help for the customers of your CB extensions if YOU could set up different types of fields in your demo (select, checkbox, radio, country/state with conditional fields, ...) ... moreover, you won't receive much question because we could find the answers in your demo ...
For information, I have tried to set up countries/states cascading dropdown fields with your Admin Demo but your Demo is locked ...

One more thing, we have checked your Documenattion regarding the CB Conditional extension and find nice videos ... but your videos are outdated (2016) and don't match at all your admin demo ....

According to the above remarks, if we meet issues and If we send you the Username & Password of our Joomla Admin Panel, please do you agree to set up the simple exemple mentioned above with 2 countries and 2 states for each countries ?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Regarding the private messaging, we have found a Youtube video tutorial for CB but its outdated with UddeIM :

For information, UddeIM doesn't work anymore with the latest version of Joomla.
In your online demo, we don't know when a user receive a new message in most pages ... please check your demo.

In your outdated CB video with UddeIM (see URL link above), we can see the message ''you have received 2 new messages'' in the CB Login module.
Please do you have the option 'You have received X new messages' in the CB Login module with your new CB private messaging ?

3 years 6 months ago #320914 by krileon

Your Demo is slow during day time (we are located in Europe with 500Mbits/sec) but the GTMetrix test is not really good during night time too

Our demo site is wiped regularly and slammed with traffic regularly. It's going to slow down. It also has every product installed with heavy demos of each. It's not exactly a realistic scenario for a site, but a means of trying out each product. Regardless I'm still not seeing heavy load times of 7.4s. Even now with an uncached speed test the slowest result was 3.8s. Cache is 1.5s average. I however have made new CB Gallery and CB Activity releases adding lazy loading for all images which has helped. The remaining performance issues are mostly resources (CSS and JS), which can be alleviated with something like JCH Optimizer or using HTTP/2.0. CB can be as fast as you like depending on what you use basically.

Regarding the 'SEARCH members by countries/states cascading dropdown fields', please find information below :

For that functionality you'll need to use Query Select fields provided by CB Query Field. You can chain them together using the Update On feature in CB Core Field Ajax and CB Conditionals with field conditions. You'll need a database table of all the countries and states you want to provide. There is no inline search feature like in your video. This works on registration, profile edit, and userlist searching fine.

For information, you have 2 fields called countries & states in your admin demo but most of your demo fields are select or text fields !!! It will be a great idea and great help for the customers of your CB extensions if YOU could set up different types of fields in your demo (select, checkbox, radio, country/state with conditional fields, ...) ... moreover, you won't receive much question because we could find the answers in your demo ...

Every field type is demoed on our demo site across the multiple profile edit tabs. Text, checkbox, radio buttons, etc.. are all demoed there. This includes field types provided by plugins. Cascading demo is already provided for you under Demos profile edit tab under CB Query Field header where it shows Country updating based off Region and State updating based off Country. To have Country only display if a Region was selected you'd just use simple CB Conditional conditions for that. That same tabs has a CB Conditional demo.

For information, I have tried to set up countries/states cascading dropdown fields with your Admin Demo but your Demo is locked ...

We for obvious security reasons don't let the demo admin account execute whatever PHP or SQL people want. There's very few limitations on our demo site.

One more thing, we have checked your Documenattion regarding the CB Conditional extension and find nice videos ... but your videos are outdated (2016) and don't match at all your admin demo ....

We're a full time team of 2 people. I frankly just don't have the time to redo a bunch of videos. We'll update them when time permits, but we're not some 12 man team able to push that kind of documentation while maintaining all these products and support for them.

ccording to the above remarks, if we meet issues and If we send you the Username & Password of our Joomla Admin Panel, please do you agree to set up the simple exemple mentioned above with 2 countries and 2 states for each countries ?

No, that's not how support works here. See our Help Us Help You page below for what support includes.

www.joomlapolis.com/help-us-help-you

Best I could do is provide some configuration examples. If you need us to configure things for you you'd need to buy those services below.

www.joomlapolis.com/services

Regarding the private messaging, we have found a Youtube video tutorial for CB but its outdated with UddeIM :

For PMS you just need to publish the Private Message System plugin in CB > Plugin Management if not already published. You don't need to install UddeIM unless you want the features UddeIM provides.

For information, UddeIM doesn't work anymore with the latest version of Joomla.

UddeIM still works perfectly fine on Joomla 3.

In your online demo, we don't know when a user receive a new message in most pages ... please check your demo.

That's because we don't have an indicator displayed on every page. It's shown in the login module which is only on the home page and of course is shown on profile. This is working as expected. Our demo site is a product demo. It is not a "this is what a social site with CB looks like" demo. We're currently considering building a second demo site so we can cover both scenarios.

In your outdated CB video with UddeIM (see URL link above), we can see the message ''you have received 2 new messages'' in the CB Login module.
Please do you have the option 'You have received X new messages' in the CB Login module with your new CB private messaging ?

It doesn't matter if you're using the internal PMS functionality or UddeIM. That display is the same regardless and is enabled in your CB Login Module.

Most of your questions are about core CB. Core CB is free. I suggest simply just trying it.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn