It is possible to create a social network with the following features??

1 year 2 months ago #332420 by juanfob
Hello, we wanted to create a social network with the following characteristics, and we don't know what membership or modules we should acquire and if possible:
  • so that couples and single people can subscribe.
  • That it has to be by invitation or that the registration must be approved by the person who sent the invitation or an administrator.
  • That you can create public or private groups.
  • That they can chat between users.
  • That you can create events to sign up for.
  • That there are forms of payment or subscriptions to the social network. Is all this possible? with which Membership? Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #332421 by krileon

• so that couples and single people can subscribe.

If you mean paid subscriptions to purchase additional features or just to use the side then you'll need CB Paid Subscriptions.

• That it has to be by invitation or that the registration must be approved by the person who sent the invitation or an administrator.

CB Invites can be used to have an invite only site. You can also turn on moderator approval to manually approve registrations.

• That you can create public or private groups.

CB GroupJive can provide public and private groups.

• That they can chat between users.

We don't have chat built in, but we do have private messaging which will eventually become a chat in a later release. There are chat extensions available for Joomla though.

• That you can create events to sign up for.

We don't have a generic event manager like extension, but CB GroupJive Events can provide events for groups if that's satisfactory.

• That there are forms of payment or subscriptions to the social network. Is all this possible? with which Membership? Thank you

Given you need multiple plugins including CB Paid Subscriptions your best option is the Developer membership since it will give CB Paid Subscriptions along with all our other products. I assume you'd also want CB Activity for activity feeds like other social networks and CB Gallery for photo/video/music/file user galleries. Take a look at our membership table below to also help with choosing.

www.joomlapolis.com/memberships

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn