Replied by norfolkandway on topic [SOLVED] Facebook invite url/menu item
WOW!!!1

Really opens up the possibilities for complete social media integration

Many thanks

What one man can do, So can another.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 9 months ago #229748 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic [SOLVED] Facebook invite url/menu item
Yup, and I continue to add more as I deem their API satisfactory.

I created a custom jQuery plugin to handle the oAuth popups and endpoints to handle token exchanges. So I can implement any oAuth1.0 or oAuth2.0 social site, but at this time am only implementing oAuth2.0 as it's massively easier.

CB Connect no longer depends on social sites JS files so it's extremely lightweight now and can no longer conflict (unless you've a fatal JS error that breaks the jQuery).

I'm exploring more developer based social sites (GitHub is the first) to see how well they'll be received to cover larger social site needs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 9 months ago #229755 by norfolkandway
Thank you

As the forum is often used as a reference for many users (Without having to post a new thread)
If anyone does find/use code for the aforementioned buttons/links please do post here as it will save joomlapolis admins answering the same question.

10 years 9 months ago #229757 by norfolkandway
OK, configured twitter and facebook, CB connect - all works
created a new tab and field (using fields delimiter) to display fb inviter on a profile in a tab

I now have one tab for facebook inviter and another one for the standard CB invites.

Is there a way that I can display the
<a href="javascript: void(0);" class="facebook_invite">Invite Friends</a>
in the same tab as the cb invites tab

Seems silly to have 2 tabs, or more when I add further invite links,
It would make more sense to have one tab that all the invite links could be displayed on.

10 years 9 months ago #229795 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic [SOLVED] Facebook invite url/menu item

Is there a way that I can display the
<a href="javascript: void(0);" class="facebook_invite">Invite Friends</a>
in the same tab as the cb invites tab

Only way is to edit the CB Invite template files and add your HTML to it directly as the tab does not allow fields to be placed on it. You can find CB Invites template files in the below location.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbinvites/templates/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 8 months ago #229844 by norfolkandway
Thank you for info

I shall try including in invite_edit.php

Then just the css to make it look good

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn