[SOLVED] Later Versions of the Auto Action Plugin do not track admin users

1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #330327 by Thatch10
Hi, similar questions to the previous, updating to the latest plugins has changed the behaviour experienced by users.

From plug_cbautoactions_9.0.0+2021.11.16 onwards my admin account does not create a record in the activity database.

Reverting to previous versions enables the login to generate a record in the activity table

Is there a configuration option where this can be disabled in the later versions please?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 8 months ago #330335 by krileon
Doesn't create a record in the activity database when you do what exactly? Are you using a custom auto action or a system action? If custom what is the configuration of the auto action? If system action please specify which isn't working for you. Please also include what Joomla version you're on.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 8 months ago #330384 by Thatch10
System Default CB Activity

Profile - Logged In,
Profile - Logged Out

Joomla! 3.10.10 Stable

1 year 8 months ago #330393 by krileon
Seams to be working fine in my tests. How are you logging in? That activity uses a CB login trigger so if you're logging in from outside of CB that trigger won't fire and thus the activity won't exist. It could also be a privacy issue if using CB Privacy. Verify within CB Activity > Activity that the activity wasn't created; it should have an asset of "profile.USER_ID.login".

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 8 months ago #330404 by Thatch10
Hi Kyle,
I noticed the issue following updates of the plugins and the trigger was not generating an entry in the activity, I checked the login was made from the Community Builder Login module and checked different combinations of other plugins which could be creating this behaviour with no success.

I then tried different versions of the plugins as it worked previously until I could establish which one worked and which change stopped the functionality. I can add the old plugin and it works, I can add the latest version and it didn't work which was when I posted on the forum.

So to clarify, with the latest plugin there is no activity tracked in activity against the profile asset for the id of my user, with the older plugin version there is

1 year 8 months ago #330411 by krileon
Is this the only plugin you've updated? Please be sure your entire install is up to date then retry. I don't know what else to suggest. I've tested this across 4 different installs now with it working fine on both Joomla 3 and Joomla 4. Once your entire install is up to date try navigating to CB Auto Actions > System Actions and clicking Reinstall System Actions (this normally happens during install, but maybe for you it failed?).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn