Custom Work

1 year 6 months ago #330873 by cyberspeed
Custom Work was created by cyberspeed
Fairly new to Community Builder. Would like to pay for some custom CB template work for a client website. Not a lot of work but I don't really understand the CB template system. Basically want the Connections tab to look like the Manage Connections tab and eliminate the CB Menu at the top.

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 6 months ago #330875 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Custom Work

Basically want the Connections tab to look like the Manage Connections tab

So you want to be able to manage your connections from that same tab? or just restyle it in what way exactly?

and eliminate the CB Menu at the top.

Unpublish the Menu tab in CB > Tab Management.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 6 months ago #330877 by cyberspeed
Replied by cyberspeed on topic Custom Work
Hi,
Yes, mainly the ability to remove the connection from that main tab similar to the photo attached.
FYI: our connections have been renamed to drivers

Attachments:

1 year 6 months ago #330878 by cyberspeed
The problem right now with unpublishing the CB Menu right now is that there would be no way to add or delete connections. Ideally would be great to add connections from the list page and delete them from the connections tab.

1 year 6 months ago #330879 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Custom Work

Yes, mainly the ability to remove the connection from that main tab similar to the photo attached.

I see. Yeah there's no way to do that out of the box and would require some modifications. The simplest solution I can think of is edit the Connections tab in CB > Tab Management then add a link to the connections management page to the Description parameter. That parameter displays on profile view.

The problem right now with unpublishing the CB Menu right now is that there would be no way to add or delete connections. Ideally would be great to add connections from the list page and delete them from the connections tab.

You can create a Joomla menu item to the manage connections page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 6 months ago #330881 by cyberspeed
Yes, I already have it set up for easier navigation with links on the connection page but trying to streamline and minimize steps. That's why I am looking to pay someone for the customization. It is above my skill level.
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds