Mass Mailer; reconfirming active memberships

1 year 6 months ago #331183 by Fendermate
I'm looking for some suggestions.
I've had my site for quite some time and have completed a major rewrite.
Now, before I embark on my first major membership drive, I want to first verify my existing members are still active and up to date.
I can use the mass mailer but I would like to add a direct link to their personal profiles for them to review and update.
Is that possible?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 6 months ago #331197 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Mass Mailer; reconfirming active memberships
Do you want to send them a reconfirmation email or are you just wanting to email them and ask them to update their profiles? If asking to update their profiles sure you could use mass mailer for this. The mass mailer supports substitutions as shown in the below tutorial so you can personalized the email.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

If for example you need to give them a link to their profile then the following substitution can do this.

[cb:url location="profile_view" /]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 6 months ago #331222 by Fendermate
Replied by Fendermate on topic Mass Mailer; reconfirming active memberships
Hi Kyle,
From what I see, the only way I can ask members to review their profiles is to ask them to log in to check their profiles.
I can see this as a security requirement.
There are two reasons I want to do this.
The first is obviously their profile information. I can ask everyone to log in and review their profiles in the next newsletter.
The next is to verify their email addresses are valid, even before I send a newsletter.
In the registration form, you have an email verification plugin that runs to check for valid email addresses during the registration process.
Is there a way I run that process on existing email entries in order to re-verify these email addresses?
Many of these emails are over 10 years old.
It's pointless to send newsletters if the addresses are no longer valid.  
What do you think?

1 year 6 months ago #331225 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Mass Mailer; reconfirming active memberships
It's possible to send the reconfirmation email, but that only works if they aren't already confirmed. So you'd have to mark their account as pending again then resend confirmation. We've no further email confirmation functionality beyond that.

I'd probably just check when users last logged in. If they haven't logged in for 2 years then it's probably safe to assume they don't care about your newsletters anymore and would just remove them from the mailing list.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn